+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of the public-private partnership institutes

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl, Please I gained admission for May 2024 at Fleming College Toronto and I already have my study visa and have bought my flight ticket. would I still be eligible for PGWP as Fleming College Toronto runs a Public Private Partnership? @Naturgrl please advise, would I still be eligible for PGWP if I resume in May 2024 or should I come to Canada and change schools but I fear all schools would be closed for May 2024.
If you start in May, you will be eligible.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Thank you
Just in case you need more assurances, you will also be getting some official information, possibly something in the coming week. So keep checking the college's website for an FAQ as they will be posting soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Naturgrl, Please I gained admission for May 2024 at Fleming College Toronto and I already have my study visa and have bought my flight ticket. would I still be eligible for PGWP as Fleming College Toronto runs a Public Private Partnership? @Naturgrl please advise, would I still be eligible for PGWP if I resume in May 2024 or should I come to Canada and change schools but I fear all schools would be closed for May 2024.
Would strongly encourage you to apply to a different school. You are scheduled to attend a public private partnership so will be attending Trebas school in Toronto not Fleming. It is highly likely that students attending programs at private/public partnership schools will not be awarded provincial attestation and that many of these schools will close down or cancel programs because the majority of students are international students and if all the international students leave it isn’t feasible or lucrative to keep the school open or offer programs where enrolment is primarily international students. The schools may even lose their DLI status although that seems more likely in BC versus Ontario. Attending a public college will also make it easier to find employment in Canada since employers do not value degrees from most private schools colleges and universities.

Reactions: Maverickk94

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
"The program will start in September 2024, and I'll be studying Business Management. However, I heard that if you have a CAQ, you don't need an attestation letter in Quebec. Am I eligible?"
CAQ is a form of provincial attestation but is not limited to students. It is unclear if Quebec will continue to use CAQ or create a specific provincial attestation for students. Only time will tell.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've already applied since last year for pgd at Congesta and got my port of entry document will i also need a letter of attestation and am i still eligible for PGWP?
When does your program start? What schools and where are you scheduled to attend?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'll apply to the IRCC this month from Bangladesh for Conestoga College, Ontario for May Intake, 2024. My course is the Ontario College Graduate Certificate for an 8-month PGD Program and my actual plan is to complete another 8-month consecutive program after this course. So that I can be eligible for a 3-year post-graduation work permit. I think the May intake will be delayed to September for the visa.
But at this moment I'm puzzled/confused about the new rules/regulations about the college/program/intake.
Can anyone suggest to me in this situation, Plz what I should do now?
Would suggest looking for a 2-3 year program. Although many students have come to Canada with the plan to qualify for a short degree a then gain entry for another short degree and apply yo extend their study permit. The goal it to secure a 3 year PGWP and often to have a 1-2 semester break between programs where you can work fully-time or significantly longer hours than full-time to earn money before returning to school. With the new policies in place you now have to consider that a provincial attestation for the second program is not guaranteed. There is a huge risk that students will be denied a provincial attestation for the second program typically at a college. I would assume that students attending colleges are at higher risk of not receiving provincial attestation than students attending public universities. If you want to ensure that you will be able to attend a program that will give you the maximum amount of years of PGWP you should applying one longer program not 1 short program and hope that you will get an LOA and provincial attestation for the 2nd program.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'll apply to the IRCC this month from Bangladesh for Conestoga College, Ontario for May Intake, 2024. My course is the Ontario College Graduate Certificate for an 8-month PGD Program and my actual plan is to complete another 8-month consecutive program after this course. So that I can be eligible for a 3-year post-graduation work permit. I think the May intake will be delayed to September for the visa.
But at this moment I'm puzzled/confused about the new rules/regulations about the college/program/intake.
Can anyone suggest to me in this situation, Plz what I should do now?
Would personally suggest applying to a 2+ yr program. With the new policies students are at risk of not being able to get provincial attestation for the second program. Being able to secure entry into a second short college program and being able to extend your study permit to complete a second short degree has been pretty easy as long have you have been attending school full-time. For various reasons applying to attend one short program, typically a 8 month to one year post grad certificate of diploma, has become extremely popular. Easier to justify needing to attend a short program and easier to provide financing for a short program. Also students are able to take 1-2 semester break and work significant amount of hours in order to fund studies for the second degree. With the new policies there is no indication that students already in Canada will have priority for securing provincial attestation so there are likely to be many who will get denied. Only way to ensure that you will be able to maximize the length of PGWP is to enrol in a 2/3 year program from the start.

zahidcorrs

Feb 1, 2024
Would personally suggest applying to a 2+ yr program. With the new policies students are at risk of not being able to get provincial attestation for the second program. Being able to secure entry into a second short college program and being able to extend your study permit to complete a second short degree has been pretty easy as long have you have been attending school full-time. For various reasons applying to attend one short program, typically a 8 month to one year post grad certificate of diploma, has become extremely popular. Easier to justify needing to attend a short program and easier to provide financing for a short program. Also students are able to take 1-2 semester break and work significant amount of hours in order to fund studies for the second degree. With the new policies there is no indication that students already in Canada will have priority for securing provincial attestation so there are likely to be many who will get denied. Only way to ensure that you will be able to maximize the length of PGWP is to enrol in a 2/3 year program from the start.
Thank you for your kind information.
I don't have any way to admit a 2/3-year program. Since there's no PGD Program regarding my criteria that is for above 1 year. All PGD program of my preference is based on only one year. That's why, I've to think of consecutive 2nd program programs as well.

zahidcorrs

Feb 1, 2024
Thank you for your information.
Actually I don't have any way to admit 2/3 year program. Since there's no PGD Program regarding my criteria that is for above 1 year. All PGD program of my preference is based on only one year. That's why, I've to think consecutive programs as well.

Feb 7, 2024
I want to pursue master in applied computing from Wilfrid laurier university (Brentford) Campus in September 2024 intake.

So this University (Brentford) Campus is eligible for PGWP for 3 years, after new PGWP rules of PPP?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to pursue master in applied computing from Wilfrid laurier university (Brentford) Campus in September 2024 intake.

So this University (Brentford) Campus is eligible for PGWP for 3 years, after new PGWP rules of PPP?
Think you mean Brantford. The Brantford campus is still part of the public university Wilfred Laurier it is just at a satellite campus is a smaller town not in Kitchener Waterloo. I would make sure all the classes you want to take are offered at this campus. You will also miss out on the large amount of computer science students and community that are located in the Kitchener Waterloo area. I’m sure there is a lot to learn in labs and studying with the other computer science students in the city and things like networking events for students and employers are likely to be located in KW not Brantford. Is there a reason you wan to chose Brantford and not the main campus?

Reactions: Banuka Janith

Banuka Janith

Feb 8, 2024
Category........
STUDY
Think you mean Brantford. The Brantford campus is still part of the public university Wilfred Laurier it is just at a satellite campus is a smaller town not in Kitchener Waterloo. I would make sure all the classes you want to take are offered at this campus. You will also miss out on the large amount of computer science students and community that are located in the Kitchener Waterloo area. I’m sure there is a lot to learn in labs and studying with the other computer science students in the city and things like networking events for students and employers are likely to be located in KW not Brantford. Is there a reason you wan to chose Brantford and not the main campus?
Hello I'm an undergrad student who just completed my HND in software engineering. I'm looking forward to enroll in September intake in Data Analytics for Business Decision Making (graduate certificate) course in Durham collage that's in Oshawa. I need to know if this collage is a Private-Public Partnership one or not. Because I'm hoping to get a PGWP. Since PPP collages that offer courses with curriculum licensing agreements are no longer eligible for PGWP, I just need to know if Durham collage is one of them or not ?

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello I'm an undergrad student who just completed my HND in software engineering. I'm looking forward to enroll in September intake in Data Analytics for Business Decision Making (graduate certificate) course in Durham collage that's in Oshawa. I need to know if this collage is a Private-Public Partnership one or not. Because I'm hoping to get a PGWP. Since PPP collages that offer courses with curriculum licensing agreements are no longer eligible for PGWP, I just need to know if Durham collage is one of them or not ?

Thank you.
Go on the DLI site and it will tell you. People need to do research.

Reactions: Banuka Janith