+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'List of Documents' verification for Landing.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
I am planning to do Landing at CIC office(Toronto) and just wanted to be sure if the documents I have in mind are the only ones needed.

1) Passport
2) COPR
3) Temporary Work permit.

I would be reconfirming this from Call center tomorrow, but also thought it would be
helpful to understand experiences of people who did Landing at CIC office in Toronto.

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
i took all the previous permits i had as well ,CBSA oficer asked for proof of residence , i gave him the canada post envelope in which i got my passports back, that should be all, nothing else, you should be good to go

sahatamojit

Jul 21, 2014
Mississauga,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
Umer_Ali said:
i took all the previous permits i had as well ,CBSA oficer asked for proof of residence , i gave him the canada post envelope in which i got my passports back, that should be all, nothing else, you should be good to go
Do we need to show any minimum funds in bank account.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
sahatamojit said:
Do we need to show any minimum funds in bank account.
Under CEC category answer is NO

good luck

But there is no harm in carrying extra documents

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Prepare a backpack and put in it all your document and crap.
Separately, in a letter-sized envelope, put your: Passport, CoPR, Work Permits AND your driving license (works as proof of residence)
Most likely, the Officer will ask you for the stuff in the letter-sized envelope, but, in case if the officer wants some other document from you, then you open your backpack.

Good luck :)

sanjayit81

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Med's Request
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
22-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
kyogesh said:
I am planning to do Landing at CIC office(Toronto) and just wanted to be sure if the documents I have in mind are the only ones needed.

1) Passport
2) COPR
3) Temporary Work permit.

I would be reconfirming this from Call center tomorrow, but also thought it would be
helpful to understand experiences of people who did Landing at CIC office in Toronto.
Hi kyogesh,

please share your landing experience at CIC office, I also have appoitment booked for next week.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
Why do they need residence proof, the thing is I am residing in a place for which I don't have any proof. And I will be moving out from there shortly(a month or two).

If this is for mailing out PR card I can give them my office mailing address and as residence proof , show them driver license which has my older address.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
sanjayit81 said:
Hi kyogesh,

please share your landing experience at CIC office, I also have appoitment booked for next week.
Mine is scheduled later than next week so you would be landing before me :) , would be helpful to know your experience.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kyogesh said:
Why do they need residence proof, the thing is I am residing in a place for which I don't have any proof. And I will be moving out from there shortly(a month or two).

If this is for mailing out PR card I can give them my office mailing address and as residence proof , show them driver license which has my older address.
It's legally required to change your address (very quickly, depends on the province) on your driver's license if you move. You can do that now, and even if you don't get the new driver's license in time, you will have a receipt or some document showing the new address.

Why do they have to have proof? That's funny, after all the hard work, time and money you spent to get your PR status? I'm sure you're aware that a PR card that goes missing would be very valuable to someone...

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
jes_ON said:
It's legally required to change your address (very quickly, depends on the province) on your driver's license if you move. You can do that now, and even if you don't get the new driver's license in time, you will have a receipt or some document showing the new address.

Why do they have to have proof? That's funny, after all the hard work, time and money you spent to get your PR status? I'm sure you're aware that a PR card that goes missing would be very valuable to someone...
Yeah I understand, but the problem is as my stay at current address is of only 6 to 8 weeks , I haven't updated my documents with this address.
Once I move to new place ,I was thinking of giving them the new address.
And for mailing out PR card, I have kept my mailing address separate from residential address in my PR application. Any way thanks for replying.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
OK I finally did the landing, experience was super cool. Everything (including changing ssn) took 30 to 40 mins.

Docs needed
- Interview Appointment letter
- COPR
- Passport

Best wishes to others.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
kyogesh said:
OK I finally did the landing, experience was super cool. Everything (including changing ssn) took 30 to 40 mins.

Docs needed
- Interview Appointment letter
- COPR
- Passport

Best wishes to others.
CONGRATS!!!
Quick question, when did you book your appointment? The reason I'm asking is to see when it's my turn which option would be best, CIC Office or flag poling at a border crossing.
Thanks in advance for your response.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
DoubleS said:
CONGRATS!!!
Quick question, when did you book your appointment? The reason I'm asking is to see when it's my turn which option would be best, CIC Office or flag poling at a border crossing.
Thanks in advance for your response.
Thanks , I called them 10 days back. If you don't mind waiting for couple of weeks or so,I would say CIC office is definitely more convenient for Landing.
All the best.. :)

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Anybody who can respond on this?

I did landing at pearson airport and my wife did at Niagara Falls. I know many of you have done landing at niagara falls, could you please confirm if there is a stamp on the COPR for the people who did flag polling at niagara falls?
I have a pearson airport stamp where as my wife doesnt have a stamp on the COPR and looks like if it is a copy of something. Just curious to know we don't have anything different than what others have?

Thanks!