farazkapadia

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
For those of you who are unable to link paper application for TRV.

I was able to link the application finally. Figured it out.

Enter the details with identification as family name, given name option.

Enter other details exactly as in the form.

But the only thing to remember is just put one space in place of birth. Don't enter the actual place of birth. Just a single space, and it will find a matching application, and you will be able to link it.

Hooray..!!

siddebian

Jan 7, 2015
Do you know what's the benefits or difference by linking the paper application online?

Wondering if it's worth doing that, as I was reading that once it's linked, they will not notify me any updates via Email anymore - which I checks and am notified much more frequently than login to the CIC online system for updates.

farazkapadia

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
siddebian said:
Do you know what's the benefits or difference by linking the paper application online?

Wondering if it's worth doing that, as I was reading that once it's linked, they will not notify me any updates via Email anymore - which I checks and am notified much more frequently than login to the CIC online system for updates.
This is for TRV application. Normally, we can only see status at VFS tracking website for passport, and even when passport is dispatched, we don't know if visa is approved or not. This helps in tracking the application in detail and ya, we will still get notification for any update to CIC account.