+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking paper application to Canada account problems

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
So I've seen a thousand threads on this topic, all with a thousand bizarre solutions/paths to successfully linking the application to the GCKey account. I've tried 10 times using various methods to do it, with no luck. Put in my UCI and application number, tried my info, then the PAs info, leaving some things not filled, filling in everything, etc etc. Does anyone have a more recent method of linking the application to the online account?? Why is the govt site so picky and unhelpful

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Always use the PAs info for this.

Here's what worked for me (and a few others) in terms of linking:
-Use App# + Family name (enter the Family name how it shows up in the AOR email - for me it was all CAPS)
-Enter passport info instead of City of Birth
-Married & 2 applicants (if it's just the two of you)

This is not a failsafe way, but it's all about how they entered your information on their end. Keep trying, it will work at some point. It helps to keep an excel spreadsheet of all the different ways you tried that didn't work! 10 tries is really not a lot, even though it might feel that way to you. I had to try for 2 weeks straight before I found ours, and that would've been a good 56 tries at least. Don't give up, getting these status updates will be helpful.

Reactions: dmurrman

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Reactions: dmurrman

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Always use the PAs info for this.

Here's what worked for me (and a few others) in terms of linking:
-Use App# + Family name (enter the Family name how it shows up in the AOR email - for me it was all CAPS)
-Enter passport info instead of City of Birth
-Married & 2 applicants (if it's just the two of you)

This is not a failsafe way, but it's all about how they entered your information on their end. Keep trying, it will work at some point. It helps to keep an excel spreadsheet of all the different ways you tried that didn't work! 10 tries is really not a lot, even though it might feel that way to you. I had to try for 2 weeks straight before I found ours, and that would've been a good 56 tries at least. Don't give up, getting these status updates will be helpful.
THIS WORKED! Thank you very much!

Reactions: Qwertypod