+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking Online Application

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hi.

I am trying to help link a family sponsorship application but unable to do so, wondering what am I missing?

Tried with different combos like UCI and Family name; First, last and DOB; tried both passport and place of birth, entering 2 in number of applicants.

Have tried all the avenues but unable to connect the application. Have been trying for a month now.

Please advise if there is anything that I could be missing here?

Last edited:

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Reactions: ahmadtajwer

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi there, I don't think this an issue but just a delay in their processing or updating. Before it is actually updated I think they need be sure its a complete file sent to VO and has been opened for review. Personally mine took me 9 months before I was able to finally link it and this was even after I had sent a webform asking why I could not since I already had the UCI and APP No. In short, I think they just haven't opened the file yet or updated it their side so best is just to notify them via a webform. I don't know how long it has been for you but if 9 months is too long then you are fine then if not then best contact them. You definitely haven't done anything wrong I had been trying to link it for months until I gathered courage to send a webform and I could link it in a week even without them saying it was possible I just kept trying. But I was able to link it only after I had sent a webform.

Reactions: Scarpetta

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hi there, I don't think this an issue but just a delay in their processing or updating. Before it is actually updated I think they need be sure its a complete file sent to VO and has been opened for review. Personally mine took me 9 months before I was able to finally link it and this was even after I had sent a webform asking why I could not since I already had the UCI and APP No. In short, I think they just haven't opened the file yet or updated it their side so best is just to notify them via a webform. I don't know how long it has been for you but if 9 months is too long then you are fine then if not then best contact them. You definitely haven't done anything wrong I had been trying to link it for months until I gathered courage to send a webform and I could link it in a week even without them saying it was possible I just kept trying. But I was able to link it only after I had sent a webform.
Application is perhaps in final stages. Just was curious as to why it is not working. System doesn’t like the application number for whatever odd reason :(

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
I will just repeat this message here just in case it helps someone else struggling to connect their application: try thinking where IRCC could have made a mistake inputting your data.
I got in touch with them via webform giving them all the data combinations my husband and I had tried over the month, and they got back to me 10 days later saying that I was inputting my birth place incorrectly (which, as you can imagine, is hardly possible). But at least I knew where to focus my efforts.
Today, just for the fun of it, I tried putting the name of my country of birth into the "place of birth" and then repeating the same under "country of birth". As in "UK, UK".
That did it.

Reactions: armoured