24-04-2017... Sched A.... Submitted 27-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 2016 upfront ..PASSED
ticaldec said:
Also worked perfectly for me. I had to put "2" as the number of members in the application even though I (potentially mistakenly) put "1" on my paper application.
y would you puy 2 n its jus ur husband who u r sponsoring. I dont understand. Shouldnt it b 1

hipchick

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-04-2017... Sched A.... Submitted 27-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 2016 upfront ..PASSED
hipchick said:
y would you puy 2 n its jus ur husband who u r sponsoring. I dont understand. Shouldnt it b 1

Ong it worked!!!! Did exactly whats on here. But how d hell r we suppose to know to do that . Thanks for sharing guys

Trevis

Jan 31, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
20-MAR-2018
Does someone know if I need to sign and transmit my new linked application for being able to upload new documents into it?

Murv974

Mar 14, 2017
If the application is tied through an agent, how can I get the information on MyCIC? If I cannot get the information because of the presence of the agent, how can they have the information on my behalf?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
hipchick said:
Ong it worked!!!! Did exactly whats on here. But how d hell r we suppose to know to do that . Thanks for sharing guys
Well, there's a subtle hint in the letter they send:

[quote author=CIC]To link your application to your account, we will ask you specific information about your application.

Your application type is: Family Class (Common-law Partner)

Number of family members, including primary applicant, that are part of this application: 2[/quote]

fab4382

May 2, 2017
Good morning,

Yesterday i got an email from immigration with my UCI number and my application number, i tried to link that to my online application but it says that i put some bad information and now its blocked for 24 hours, i dont know what to do because i put all the information correctly, my wife is my sponsor and i am the PA,I apply for the open work permit and the PR at the same time.

I dont know what option do i have to choose, its the part where they ask what type of application you can choose, do I have to go with temporary residency option oper work permit or do I have to choose family sponsorship (spouse)?

thanks to all.

mrs_kennedy16

Feb 15, 2017
lalicatter said:
Hi all, I was finally able to get the system to find our application. It didn't work until today - I swear I tried this info combo before but who knows. I can confirm that since our representative is using the paid representative portal it gives me the following message:

"Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."

I have no intention of dropping my representative, just an FYI. I don't believe this shows up if you're your own spouse's representative.

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.
I tried but I didn't work for me :(

When you say:

"3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)" Do you mean only one space, and that's it? So no city at all? Just the space?
Maybe thats why it didn't work for me :(

Also I have 2 last names I do have to enter both.

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
fab4382 said:
Good morning,

Yesterday i got an email from immigration with my UCI number and my application number, i tried to link that to my online application but it says that i put some bad information and now its blocked for 24 hours, i dont know what to do because i put all the information correctly, my wife is my sponsor and i am the PA,I apply for the open work permit and the PR at the same time.

I dont know what option do i have to choose, its the part where they ask what type of application you can choose, do I have to go with temporary residency option oper work permit or do I have to choose family sponsorship (spouse)?

thanks to all.
Hi, I believe that you need choose family sponsorship (spouse).
Good luck!

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
mrs_kennedy16 said:
I tried but I didn't work for me :(

When you say:

"3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)" Do you mean only one space, and that's it? So no city at all? Just the space?
Maybe thats why it didn't work for me :(

Also I have 2 last names I do have to enter both.
Just one space bar and it is enought.
I believe that you need use just the last family name. But, you can look in the letter that you received from CIC and check what them wrote for you.
Good luck !

SeanNewYork

May 4, 2017
Hi All,

I have received my email confirmation of application for my spouse on May 2nd, 2017. I am not able to link my CIC account PR application using various combination suggested by this forum. It has been 2 days and I have been locked out twice already, that means I have exhausted 10 tries in 2 days. Any advise or suggestion on how to get it linked? :(

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
SeanNewYork said:
Hi All,

I have received my email confirmation of application for my spouse on May 2nd, 2017. I am not able to link my CIC account PR application using various combination suggested by this forum. It has been 2 days and I have been locked out twice already, that means I have exhausted 10 tries in 2 days. Any advise or suggestion on how to get it linked? :(
Use the information that it is in the email as family number, PR, number of application... good luck

SeanNewYork

May 4, 2017
marcinha said:
Use the information that it is in the email as family number, PR, number of application... good luck
Thanks for the reply :)

The conformation email that they have received the application has UCI and application number only. No family number, PR, number of application..
However, I have received a second email stating I am eligible to sponsor my spouse. In the email, it also says I will be receiving a request to link the application in myCIC. Also, I will have to send them IMM5669 once I link my application

Were you able to link the application when they had sent you the request to link it or before they had sent you the request to link it? I have my IMM 5669 filled out already. How am i suppose to sent it to them without linking my application to MyCIC. Is there an address where I can postal mail it.

SeanNewYork

May 4, 2017
lalicatter said:
Hi all, I was finally able to get the system to find our application. It didn't work until today - I swear I tried this info combo before but who knows. I can confirm that since our representative is using the paid representative portal it gives me the following message:

"Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."

I have no intention of dropping my representative, just an FYI. I don't believe this shows up if you're your own spouse's representative.

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.
After how many days of trying you were able to link the application? Does CIC sent you a request to link the application? I am trying to figure out how long it took..

Sean&Nicole

May 17, 2017
Okay so after reading all the way through this forum topic I have tried almost every suggestion people have posted here and I am still unable to link the application to the account. I am Canadian and my wife is American and obviously I am the sponsor and she is the principal applicant. I have created an account for her and I am trying to link the application to it using all her information. I'm thinking the application is not in the system yet. After we submitted our application I received an email on 04/28/2017 stating they received our application. Then on 05/02/2017 I got an email stating I was approved to be a sponsor. Then on 05/04/2017 my wife got an email asking for the IMM5669 forms in the next 30 days and the police certificates. It also explains that she should create an account and link the application to it. We have the completed IMM5669 forms and the police certificates (we ordered them ahead of time) and I want to submit them, but only after I successfully link the application to the account.

Here is some background info:

My wife has four kids from her first marriage, three of them are over 18 and one is 16, none of them are coming with her to Canada.
I have two kids from my first marriage and both are under 18.

Using the suggestions posted here I have been trying a bunch of different combinations over the past couple weeks.
Today I tried what seems to work for everyone on here:

Application Number and Family Name
City and Country of Birth (tried with typing in the city and leaving it blank)
Passport Info (left it blank)
Province (Alberta)
City (Edmonton)
Married
Number Of People In The Application (tried 2,5 and 6)

Oh and BTW this stupid system locks you out after only 4 attempts not 5!

I am VERY frustrated!
Tomorrow just for the hell of it I'm going to try putting her in as single.
Does anyone have any other advice?

SeanNewYork

May 4, 2017
Okay so after reading all the way through this forum topic I have tried almost every suggestion people have posted here and I am still unable to link the application to the account. I am Canadian and my wife is American and obviously I am the sponsor and she is the principal applicant. I have created an account for her and I am trying to link the application to it using all her information. I'm thinking the application is not in the system yet. After we submitted our application I received an email on 04/28/2017 stating they received our application. Then on 05/02/2017 I got an email stating I was approved to be a sponsor. Then on 05/04/2017 my wife got an email asking for the IMM5669 forms in the next 30 days and the police certificates. It also explains that she should create an account and link the application to it. We have the completed IMM5669 forms and the police certificates (we ordered them ahead of time) and I want to submit them, but only after I successfully link the application to the account.

Here is some background info:

My wife has four kids from her first marriage, three of them are over 18 and one is 16, none of them are coming with her to Canada.
I have two kids from my first marriage and both are under 18.

Using the suggestions posted here I have been trying a bunch of different combinations over the past couple weeks.
Today I tried what seems to work for everyone on here:

Application Number and Family Name
City and Country of Birth (tried with typing in the city and leaving it blank)
Passport Info (left it blank)
Province (Alberta)
City (Edmonton)
Married
Number Of People In The Application (tried 2,5 and 6)

Oh and BTW this stupid system locks you out after only 4 attempts not 5!

I am VERY frustrated!
Tomorrow just for the hell of it I'm going to try putting her in as single.
Does anyone have any other advice?

I understand the frustration. My wife (canadian) is sponsoring me (American) under PR - Family class (spouse) categpry
First, I have received my first receipt confirmation by email on 05/02/2017.
Second, I have received the confirmation of the eligibility as a sponsor by email on 05/04/2017.
Then, I have received a postal letter on 05/17/17 stating I should link my application to an account. The postal letter was written on 05/09/17. It took 8 days for me to receive (postal mail are relatively slow..)
I was able to link my application successfully by doing below:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-category: Family Class (Spouse)
Application details:
Application Number (the whole F and nine digit numbers) and Family Name (P.A's last name)
Place of birth:
City/town of birth (leave it blank - hit one space with space bar)
Country/territory of birth: put as it says in your original application IMM 0008
Passport:
LEAVE IT BLANK ALL TOGETHER
Other Application information:
Province: as stated in the original application IMM 0008
City/town/Village: as stated in the original application IMM 0008
Current marital status: Married
Number of family members: in my case its is '2'

Currently, I am preparing my IM 5669 Schedule A form and police report for myself (Principal application)
Also, after i linking my application to the account it doesn't prompted me to upload any documents yet. However, the postal email I received on 05/17/2017 stats that I should upload my documents there and supporting document is required. At this point, I guess i will have wait for the prompt and/or an option to upload it on the account. I will wait few days for it.

Hope it helps!