Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
CanadianPrairieGent said:
I tried 5 times to link our application, and to no avail. It won't link, and all the data has been entered correctly. Is anyone else having problems with something that should be straightforward? I used our application number and UCI number. I filled out a tech assistance request, but Lord only knows how long I'll have to wait for them to respond to that. Any suggestions?
If you included all of the relevant information in the assistance request, they will action it. it worked for me.

C.

mimijane

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
SA 06-04-2016
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT, p/port copy req 28th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
9th September 2016
LANDED..........
18th September 2016
philgoodhusband said:
So I just checked MyCIC and it seems my application has been approved. I checked on ECAS as well and indeed, it now says "Decision Made." What's odd though is that I never got an email about the updated status. When I applied for a TRV before, I got an email from MyCIC for every little bit of progress about the application. I guess what's important is that I finally got the DM, but I'm just wondering about the inconsistency.

Also, since I've mentioned it, does anyone know how long it takes before I get my passport back after a decision has been made?
Just wondering if you have received your COPR? I had a decision made over 6 weeks ago and a request for final info for them to send me my COPR, but nothing since. Just curious, thank you :)

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
MNM2015 said:
I just wanted to update everyone with what our My CIC looks like after being approved:

Application/profile status Closed
Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents We need an additional document from the applicant
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed Complete
Final decision This application has been approved

Until the day we were approved it continued to say eligibility was in progress, an interview was not needed at this time and background checks had not been started. Since they obviously aren't updating it as they go the only benefits I see with My CIC are:

-instead of having to check everyday like with ECAS, My CIC sent an email so we knew there was a change and to check it
-updated to say the application was approved instead of just decision made like ECAS, where you don't know for sure if the decision is positive or not
-updated more timely than ECAS for the approval, I assume as soon as the visa was stamped and COPR issued. Our ECAS still shows in process. I assume that won't be updated until Tuesday

So there was some small improvements with My CIC but don't expect it to advise you when each stage of your application is passed, like we had hoped it would. Hopefully in the very near future it is updated throughout the process to provide more transparency and make use of the functionality available. Possibly the issue is just with our VO (Dar Es Salaam) but I doubt it. In the meantime keep ordering your GCMS notes to see where you are at in the process. Good luck to all still waiting.
Just to update this post, as I expected today (Tuesday) ECAS did update to say decision made. So in summary My CIC emailed to say there was an update, provided the information quicker and told me that it was an approval - all positive changes vs ECAS. So even if it's not helpful during the process it is an improvement when you finally get to the end. Hoping everyone waiting gets to that point very soon!

Mrs. C3

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
MNM2015 said:
Just to update this post, as I expected today (Tuesday) ECAS did update to say decision made. So in summary My CIC emailed to say there was an update, provided the information quicker and told me that it was an approval - all positive changes vs ECAS. So even if it's not helpful during the process it is an improvement when you finally get to the end. Hoping everyone waiting gets to that point very soon!
Congratulations!!
In just 7 months your application is aldreay done.
I know we pretty much have the same timeline,we also submitted ours in January.
You're so lucky your VO process fast.
The last update we got was from June, we haven't heard anything since.
Manila VO is taking its time I guess :(

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Mrs. C3 said:
Congratulations!!
In just 7 months your application is aldreay done.
I know we pretty much have the same timeline,we also submitted ours in January.
You're so lucky your VO process fast.
The last update we got was from June, we haven't heard anything since.
Manila VO is taking its time I guess :(
Thank you so much Mrs C3! Yes, I remember us both waiting nervously for our sponsor approval back in March :) I hope and pray you hear something soon. Up until a month ago my VO was taking over a year to process so it's just been very recently that they are this fast. The online processing time still shows 24 months! One month ago I was feeling very down so things can change quickly. Stay patient and positive, good things are coming your way soon! All the best my friend!

Lagos2014

Jul 27, 2016
Hi guys below is what i got when trying to link my wife application

We just tried to link our application but ran into an issue.

"Disassociate Representative
Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."

After completing the form, you can upload it here:"

So our representative says he's not into this online thing and that i can use his info to do the link. But my question is, can i do that?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Lagos2014 said:
Hi guys below is what i got when trying to link my wife application

We just tried to link our application but ran into an issue.

"Disassociate Representative
Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."

After completing the form, you can upload it here:"

So our representative says he's not into this online thing and that i can use his info to do the link. But my question is, can i do that?
Honestly, I'm surprised that they are not allowing BOTH to access the information...perhaps it would be helpful if this feedback is provided to them via the feedback link on the CIC website.

When it says your representative has access to your application, does this mean that they can create a GCKEY mycic account? If so, and he agrees, then basically he needs to share how he accesses the information with you. There are some things to be careful about with this of course.

Perhaps see what others have to say...the whole linking myCIC is relatively new and I don't have experience in using a representative...

c.

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
chilkootcee said:
Honestly, I'm surprised that they are not allowing BOTH to access the information...perhaps it would be helpful if this feedback is provided to them via the feedback link on the CIC website.

When it says your representative has access to your application, does this mean that they can create a GCKEY mycic account? If so, and he agrees, then basically he needs to share how he accesses the information with you. There are some things to be careful about with this of course.

Perhaps see what others have to say...the whole linking myCIC is relatively new and I don't have experience in using a representative...

c.
Hi, our lawyer is pretty open to the online stuff and chatted with him about myCIC. Here's what I learned:

Apparently many lawyers who specialize in immigration use a unique portal called the "Authorized Paid Representative Portal". (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/portal.asp) which lets them manage many applications at once. This is (obviously) only for authorized paid representatives. Their portal seems to be updated quite quickly compared to myCIC/ECAS and provides the APR a direct line to CIRC. The portal doesn't show as much information as myCIC, but shows more information than ECAS. It appears that if your representative uses this portal, then both you and your representative will not be able to link the application in myCIC. He tried to link our application as well as other spousal applications and had no luck. In addition, if your representative is using the APRP, it seems that all updates are funneled primarily through the APR portal rather than ECAS after the file has been sent to the VO, presumably because you've elected to have a paid representative rather than manage the app yourself.

This is totally just guesswork, but it's the conclusion we came to after we tried multiple times. He's also reached out to other lawyers and they seem to be experiencing the same thing.

So... we're thankful to have the experience of our representative on our side, but it's torture not being able to see the little updates that others get in myCIC!

Karimov

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2016
Interview........
Hope not
I'm the only who have Not needed at this time on Backgroud check ? it was Not started before

OloyeMefa

Jun 14, 2016
pls I'd like to know why mycic medicals changed from Passed to Not needed at this time

FSW 2014
App date - Nov 2014
Medicals - Aug 2015

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
still i cant link mycic account wid my application. it says NO APPLICATION FOUND. ny idea what can i do

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
jupiter16 said:
still i cant link mycic account wid my application. it says NO APPLICATION FOUND. ny idea what can i do
If you don't have any children, try to put 1 for the number of the applicants, that might work... That was the issue with my application.