+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking MyCIC account to PR application

Ruchir

May 28, 2018
Hi all, I was finally able to get the system to find our application. It didn't work until today - I swear I tried this info combo before but who knows. I can confirm that since our representative is using the paid representative portal it gives me the following message:

"Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."

I have no intention of dropping my representative, just an FYI. I don't believe this shows up if you're your own spouse's representative.

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.
Doesnt work for me with space bar in the place of birth? Please advise.

himh

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, I had the same problem with you and finally I managed to link it when on the question "how many family members are included in the application" I answered 2 (me and my sponsor). It took them one month to answer me after i I submitted the technical issue .When they answered I had already linked it! Good luck

Thanks much.. I followed your instruction and was able to do the link successfully by entering no. of family members as 2. ( principal applicant and sponsor)

himh

Jun 18, 2018
Doesnt work for me with space bar in the place of birth? Please advise.
I wouldnt recommend putting empty space in place of birth, for me the issue was no. of family member, I was entering as 1 for my spouse but l changed it to 2 members by providing all other details and it worked.. please check any other details which you might be entering incorrectly.

himh

Jun 18, 2018
So if its me and the wife who are sponsors and the parents who are applicants, the number should be 4? Or three?
I would say it will be 3 since I believe you are the only one who is sponsoring your parents ( and I guess only 1 person can sponsor a particular application and assuming you have already sponsored your spouse and not including her in the same application), so it will be 3 ( you and your parents)..hope this helps.

TPeAcE

Mar 11, 2018
I wouldnt recommend putting empty space in place of birth, for me the issue was no. of family member, I was entering as 1 for my spouse but l changed it to 2 members by providing all other details and it worked.. please check any other details which you might be entering incorrectly.
I put 2 as family members , the applicant and myself , but it is still not working :(

ManishSharma.dev

Jun 14, 2020
Hi All,
I have a solution to link the application with your account,

Select the birthplace, inside the city, just enter your country name
e.g.
BirthCity Name: India,
Country Name: India

rest of the fields you've to fill according to your application.