+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking Application Online

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hello,

After applying for Sponsorship visa, how soon can we link the application online ?
Do we have to wait for IRCC mail for the Application number?

Thanks

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
You need AOR (contains UCI and application number) in order to link your application online.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can I not link without AOR ?
It does give option of FAMILY NAME, DATE OF BIRTH AND PASSPORT
Basically you cannot link without AOR. (Some find they can link a day or two before they receive AOR but clearly it's only the difference between aor being finalized and the email aor being sent out - so not worth thinking of this as different)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I still cannot link the application and I received AOR a month ago. can someone tell me why??
No. Just keep trying different combinations of info.

One common mistake is that to link, the 'family size' (number) requires entering the number equalling sponsor plus principal applicant plus dependents included in the application.

For example, for a married couple with no children, family size is 2.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
No. Just keep trying different combinations of info.

One common mistake is that to link, the 'family size' (number) requires entering the number equalling sponsor plus principal applicant plus dependents included in the application.

For example, for a married couple with no children, family size is 2.
Omg I've been trying to figure this out... I'll try I hope it works because family size was the only info that could be incorrect in my case it's only my husband and I.
********Update*******
That strategy didn't work for me. I still can't link it. Oh well.

Last edited:

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Thanks for all the replies.
How lonlg does it take to get the AOR ?
And does th AOR come through mail or through email ?
I applied approx 1.5 months ago

frange

May 25, 2018
Thanks for all the replies.
How lonlg does it take to get the AOR ?
And does th AOR come through mail or through email ?
I applied approx 1.5 months ago
Between 2 and 7 months. Have just seen one person which file was returned 11 months after for the NOA.

Lk2424

Feb 20, 2021
Hello, I recently received my AOR (one week ago) with a UCI/ Application number, and I have tried linking it to my GCKEY account this week but am unable to. I have read the above posts and realize you have to try a few combinations when linking your application in order to get it right but I was also wondering if it could take time for them to put your information on the system and if this could be a possible reason?

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hello, I recently received my AOR (one week ago) with a UCI/ Application number, and I have tried linking it to my GCKEY account this week but am unable to. I have read the above posts and realize you have to try a few combinations when linking your application in order to get it right but I was also wondering if it could take time for them to put your information on the system and if this could be a possible reason?
Hi, so actually I have been trying to link my account for a while with no success and then I found a post here which stated a method... it was actually SUCCESSFUL for me! I hope it works for you.

*Use Principal Applicant's (PA) Information ONLY*

• Use Applicant Number & Family Name (family name in all CAPITAL UPPER CASE LETTERS)
  • Enter Passport info only
  • Enter MARRIED (of course, only if you are...)
  • Enter Family number 2 (if it's just the both of you husband and wife, principal applicant and sponsor)

Good luck, this method worked for me right away and I found it on this website/forum and I'm very thankful.