+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

linkedin and verification

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to apply for NOC 2281 I lowered my designation and removed some lines from experience letter ( asked former company to re create exp. letter ) however the designation I had is old one on websites like linkedin . Do you think I should edit designation on linkedin too because if CIC gets my application with some designation in experience letter and finds some different designation on linkedin website they might decline my application

comments please

mech

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
ciscoccie said:
to apply for NOC 2281 I lowered my designation and removed some lines from experience letter ( asked former company to re create exp. letter ) however the designation I had is old one on websites like linkedin . Do you think I should edit designation on linkedin too because if CIC gets my application with some designation in experience letter and finds some different designation on linkedin website they might decline my application

comments please
I think , No. They are concerned with the duties performed only. you can change your designation in your resume/linkedin according to your job responsibilities and it shouldn't bother them.

One thing I can tell you for sure is, they can see your linkedIn profile for verification.

my 2 cents.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
ciscoccie said:

comments please
I would suggest do not put contradictory information anywhere because if they found web-based query CIC will give you hard time. Linkdin, FB, etc at any place you should have same exact information. I have seen some cases they found a web based query based on Lindin and kept his file under review.