+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

link my PR card application to your CIC account?

sri7ram

Jul 25, 2012
Positing as received on a WhatsApp group-

PR Card

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

However, for some people linking becomes impossible. This is primarily because people put their birth city not as per what is written in your passport. Birth city has to match exactly as in Passport including punctuation marks if any.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
Hello There,

I linked my PR card account to my cic.

It says the processing time is 54 days.

Today, I got my photo request for the PR card? Does anyone know how much time approx they will take after submitting the Photos?

Last edited:

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hello There,

I linked my PR card account to my cic.

It says the processing time is 54 days.

Today, I got my photo request for the PR card? Does anyone know how much time approx they will take after submitting the Photos?
Does anyone know the process after you linked PR card to your account?

maddymaddy

Feb 23, 2017
Does anyone know the process after you linked PR card to your account?
Nothing needs to be done from your end. This is only for you to easily track the status online. Once you are able to link your PR card application online, then you can check the application status online in your CIC account. thats it.

abhimact79

Jun 17, 2018
That is true. However, they may skip punctuation marks (if any) when entering into CIC system, so one should try that combination as well.
In my case, on my passport, it is "CITY, STATE"
on my COPR, it came as "CITY STA" - as it truncated last few characters
What worked for me was "CITY STATE" - same what is mentioned on passport but without comma.
I was also facing the same problem finally what worked was - I selected UCI and Family name and in City of Birth I gave exactly as in passport INCLUDING , comma. Without comma it was not finding application

ziszee

Oct 18, 2018
hi all, i tried to link my pr card to mycic account . it says it is already linked to my account. But it doesn't show any status update on my pr card. I was wondering how to check it ? and is it necessary to have pr card linked to your mycic account?

ray_18

May 1, 2017
hi all, i tried to link my pr card to mycic account . it says it is already linked to my account. But it doesn't show any status update on my pr card. I was wondering how to check it ? and is it necessary to have pr card linked to your mycic account?
Same here any luck?

sea21

Aug 2, 2019
I cannot link my PR card application. I have tried all the combinations. I landed last week. What should I do now?

Jomush

Dec 2, 2018
Positing as received on a WhatsApp group-

PR Card

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

However, for some people linking becomes impossible. This is primarily because people put their birth city not as per what is written in your passport. Birth city has to match exactly as in Passport including punctuation marks if any.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
ur post was so useful!!! i have just linked the both. Just got to know that it was approved too yesterday. May God bless you!!!