+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

link my PR card application to your CIC account?

Oct 8, 2016
Positing as received on a WhatsApp group-

PR Card

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

However, for some people linking becomes impossible. This is primarily because people put their birth city not as per what is written in your passport. Birth city has to match exactly as in Passport including punctuation marks if any.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)

tommyrong

Apr 4, 2018
Positing as received on a WhatsApp group-

PR Card

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.

However, for some people linking becomes impossible. This is primarily because people put their birth city not as per what is written in your passport. Birth city has to match exactly as in Passport including punctuation marks if any.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
Have try 5 times every day, still can't found match application information.

maissom

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
I have also tried multiple times using the exact same steps mentioned above. The system just can't find the submitted application.
I landed on March 07, 2018.

maissom

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
Is there any trick about the City of Birth? The date became permanent resident, I use the date on the PR paper.
Is it right?
The City of birth has to be the exact text as mentioned on your Passport (as mentioned by sandeep) above. That was the only step I did not follow correctly. I just did, but that was my 6th attempt and failed. I will try again tomorrow (after 24 hours)

Cherry15

Jan 7, 2018
Guys new some info regarding linkage of pr card application to cic account

Actually, i applied for PR through lawyer and now want to track my PR card application
So, my question is i must link my application to the account through which my lawyer submitted my PR application or i can track with new cic account?
Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Guys new some info regarding linkage of pr card application to cic account

Actually, i applied for PR through lawyer and now want to track my PR card application
So, my question is i must link my application to the account through which my lawyer submitted my PR application or i can track with new cic account?
Thanks
You can create a new GCKey account and link the application...

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
The City of birth has to be the exact text as mentioned on your Passport (as mentioned by sandeep) above. That was the only step I did not follow correctly. I just did, but that was my 6th attempt and failed. I will try again tomorrow (after 24 hours)
That is true. However, they may skip punctuation marks (if any) when entering into CIC system, so one should try that combination as well.
In my case, on my passport, it is "CITY, STATE"
on my COPR, it came as "CITY STA" - as it truncated last few characters
What worked for me was "CITY STATE" - same what is mentioned on passport but without comma.

maddymaddy

Feb 23, 2017
Thanks for the info folks. I was able to link the PR application for all except 1 kid(who is US citizen).
Wondering, if a US citizen's PR application cannot be linked in the cic account?

Am I missing something?

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Thanks for the info folks. I was able to link the PR application for all except 1 kid(who is US citizen).
Wondering, if a US citizen's PR application cannot be linked in the cic account?

Am I missing something?
What steps did you follow and when did you land? I only see the link “add(link) your paper application to your account”.

Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

maddymaddy

Feb 23, 2017

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thanks for the info. I followed the instructions but I am still unable to link application. I landed on June 15th
You could call IRCC to verify PR card status. I never could link the Pr card application but when I called today; they told my Pr was validated and Pr card was in progress I should receive in regular timeframe of 58 days after landing

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
You could call IRCC to verify PR card status. I never could link the Pr card application but when I called today; they told my Pr was validated and Pr card was in progress I should receive in regular timeframe of 58 days after landing
I was able to link all applications to my account by following these instructions:

1) Login to CIC account.

accessbalaji

May 5, 2016
That is true. However, they may skip punctuation marks (if any) when entering into CIC system, so one should try that combination as well.
In my case, on my passport, it is "CITY, STATE"
on my COPR, it came as "CITY STA" - as it truncated last few characters
What worked for me was "CITY STATE" - same what is mentioned on passport but without comma.
This is a perfect answer. Many indians might have problem like this.