+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

link my PR card application to your CIC account?

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
I have landed and applied for PR card. I read in this forum that one can link his/her PR card application to his/her CIC account and be able to check the PR card application status and timeline in CIC account. Can anybody tell me - i) whether it is recommended to do so and is everybody doing so? ii) What is the befit of doing so? and iii) What is the process to do so? thanks a lot for your help.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
I have landed and applied for PR card. I read in this forum that one can link his/her PR card application to his/her CIC account and be able to check the PR card application status and timeline in CIC account. Can anybody tell me - i) whether it is recommended to do so and is everybody doing so? ii) What is the befit of doing so? and iii) What is the process to do so? thanks a lot for your help.
1.It is recommended to do so. Everyone does so.
2.The benefit is that you can know when it is approved so.
3.You can link it in MyCIC by clicking Link an existing application and choose permanent resident card so.
;)

Reactions: jd8i

dreamer2015

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2016
Hello Experts, can I link PR Card application for members of my Family e.g. child, spouse or I need to create a login for each one of them?

Reactions: Nimrod

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hello Experts, can I link PR Card application for members of my Family e.g. child, spouse or I need to create a login for each one of them?
Yes you can do so from your MyCIC account. You can view all of them from yours since you are the principal applicant. You just need to link them individually.

Just use UCI number and name as shown in your COPR. Try that.

dreamer2015

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2016
Yes you can do so from your MyCIC account. You can view all of them from yours since you are the principal applicant. You just need to link them individually.

Thank you for your response adrlim! will try that once they landed

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016

Hi,

We landed at Toronto last week only. I tried to link our application for the first PR Cards to my CIC account using the linking option but it gave the error message. Is it possible that linking of PR card application may be possibly only after a few days? If that is the case, then after how many days is it allowed to be linked?

Thanks.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi,

We landed at Toronto last week only. I tried to link our application for the first PR Cards to my CIC account using the linking option but it gave the error message. Is it possible that linking of PR card application may be possibly only after a few days? If that is the case, then after how many days is it allowed to be linked?

Thanks.
I think I did mine probably in 3-4 days or so. The way most did it is to use your UCI and name as stated in the COPR, not passport or any other document. However there have been many cases that they did not manage to link.

Suggest you try it everyday. Also if you have other dependents who also landed with you, you can link theirs as well to you as the principal applicant. Also do note when they process the PR card, it is not done as a family but each individual are treated separately. Hope that helps.

If you have any issue or unsure do call CIC up. They may say it's too early to call etc ect but if you talk to them and explain your case they will gladly look into your file for you.

Good luck.

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Yeah, I just tried to link mine for the first time and wasn't able to. Nothing worked for some reason. I landed Nov. 24.17

johninflamez

Sep 22, 2017
Unable to link my CIC account with the PR Card account. I have completed my landing on Jan 20th 2018.

Any help folks? There are a few combinations available to search for your application. Can someone tell me what does the application number look like? I have my UCI number, PR Application number and CoPR Counterfoil number. While linking PR card, which application number does it refer to?

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Yeah, I just tried to link mine for the first time and wasn't able to. Nothing worked for some reason. I landed Nov. 24.17
I am facing the same problem. Unable to link my PR card application. Landed on 31 December on a weekend. Did your card arrive on time?

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Unable to link my CIC account with the PR Card account. I have completed my landing on Jan 20th 2018.

Any help folks? There are a few combinations available to search for your application. Can someone tell me what does the application number look like? I have my UCI number, PR Application number and CoPR Counterfoil number. While linking PR card, which application number does it refer to?
Unable to link my PR card application. Landed on 31 December on a weekend. Did your card arrive on time?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I am facing the same problem. Unable to link my PR card application. Landed on 31 December on a weekend. Did your card arrive on time?
Yeah, I got it about 2 or 3 days after I posted this.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Question: how can you apply for a PR card if you're a new Permanent Resident? Don't you get it automatically in the mail?