+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linc classes after AIP

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hey every 1

Hope that you all had a good weekend as I enjoyed mine !!

Just a question my wife went for her english assessment test but they are telling her that an AIP letter is not enough and that they have to contact immigration bla bla bla and that takes time ( just like everything else in this process) anyways does any 1 know where I could get written proof (from the CIC website or anywhere else) that says she eligible for linc classes after AIP?

Thanks

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what I've found out as follows:

Who can take LINC classes?

LINC is available to adults over the age of 17 who are permanent residents, convention refugees or those with Approval in Principle status (AIP).

I haven't yet got my AIP letter. But I am planning to attend the Linc classes after receiving AIP letter.
I don't understand why they reject your AIP letter. Weird! :'(

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Jennifer0827 said:
This is what I've found out as follows:

Who can take LINC classes?

LINC is available to adults over the age of 17 who are permanent residents, convention refugees or those with Approval in Principle status (AIP).

I haven't yet got my AIP letter. But I am planning to attend the Linc classes after receiving AIP letter.
I don't understand why they reject your AIP letter. Weird! :'(
They havent rejected it yet but they are saying that they have to check with immigration which will take time it is frustrating isnt it . Did you find any writen prrof of this??

Thanks

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see. That's really frustrating! :eek:

Is that because you are the First case with AIP letter...So the Linc program clerks don't know how to deal with that. ><

Tomorrow I will have an appointment for LINC assessment here, even though I only have visa extension, I still want to try it!
The reason I try is because that I saw on another web page shows

" Who can attend LINC classes?

All adults over the age of 18, who are permanent residents or conventional refugees or those whose application for Permanent Residency is being processed in Canada can participate in LINC classes. "

I will let you know the result. :p

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Jennifer0827 said:
Is that because you are the First case with AIP letter...So the Linc program clerks don't know how to deal with that. ><
Maybe come to think of it, it is a new office

Jennifer0827 said:
I
I will let you know the result. :p
Please do :) :)

Thanks

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material-

You know what? I've just found out both of us live in Hamilton!! VV
haha...I just live in downtown :p
I will definitely let you know the result.

May both of us have good luck! :-*

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Jennifer0827 said:
Material-

You know what? I've just found out both of us live in Hamilton!! VV
haha...I just live in downtown :p
I will definitely let you know the result.

May both of us have good luck! :-*
Looool :D :) :) what a Coincidence ...Your going to the new office downtown right ? the one at career works on Main st. ? my wife did her test 2day but they didnt give her any results they said first they will contact immigration to see if shes elegible..

Good luck

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The lady who arranged this appointment gave me this address: 25 Main Street West (I think it's YMCA??)

I don't think they will let me take the assessment since I don't have AIP letter.
But I would love trying it!

It's really nice to know someone here who is under inland application:)

Where's your wife from? So, now she's waiting for DM and Interview, right?
Can you share your timeline with me?

Thank you! :-*

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Jennifer0827 said:
The lady who arranged this appointment gave me this address: 25 Main Street West (I think it's YMCA??)

I don't think they will let me take the assessment since I don't have AIP letter.
But I would love trying it!

It's really nice to know someone here who is under inland application:)

Where's your wife from? So, now she's waiting for DM and Interview, right?
Can you share your timeline with me?

Thank you! :-*
Well my case is a very complicated one and I sure hope urs will not suffer time loss as mine did.

We applied for perminant residance in August 2009 ( 2009)
our file was transfered to the local office in March 2010 (stupid lawyer dont want to even start talking about that experiance) because they had doubts about our marriage. We had to wait for an interview to get this thing straightened out that happened about three weeks ago (we got AIP) after the interview if you want to know what happened at the interview let me know.

I didnt know much about this process untill about two months ago when I took things into my own hands thats when I started looking through this site it helped me understand a lot of things.

I hope my wife gets the landing interview soon and that she doesnt have to wait another year ! my wife is half Iraqi (origanly) and half french.

p.s. thats the same office my wife went to 2day ! (its at career works , i think its a part of the YMCA not sure.

I 2 am glad that Im not the only one from Hamilton going through this process :) :) :)

Wish u all the best with ur app let me know if you need anything , I would love to help !! :) :)

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
http://www.cce.hwdsb.on.ca/Home/ForeignLanguagePrograms/LINCLanguageInstructionforNewcomerstoCanada/tabid/61/Default.aspx

Has the addresses and criteria for LINC in Hamilton.

http://www.lincclic.ca/en/assessmentCentres.html

:)

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Siouxie said:
http://www.cce.hwdsb.on.ca/Home/ForeignLanguagePrograms/LINCLanguageInstructionforNewcomerstoCanada/tabid/61/Default.aspx

Has the addresses and criteria for LINC in Hamilton.

http://www.lincclic.ca/en/assessmentCentres.html

:)
Great links the first one says it all I will defenitly make a copy and give to the assesment center ...thanks

Unfortunatly SISO is closed because there is a current law suit going against them

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Well my case is a very complicated one and I sure hope urs will not suffer time loss as mine did.

We applied for perminant residance in August 2009 ( 2009)
our file was transfered to the local office in March 2010 (stupid lawyer dont want to even start talking about that experiance) because they had doubts about our marriage. We had to wait for an interview to get this thing straightened out that happened about three weeks ago (we got AIP) after the interview if you want to know what happened at the interview let me know.

I didnt know much about this process untill about two months ago when I took things into my own hands thats when I started looking through this site it helped me understand a lot of things.

I hope my wife gets the landing interview soon and that she doesnt have to wait another year ! my wife is half Iraqi (origanly) and half french.

p.s. thats the same office my wife went to 2day ! (its at career works , i think its a part of the YMCA not sure.

I 2 am glad that Im not the only one from Hamilton going through this process :) :) :)

Wish u all the best with ur app let me know if you need anything , I would love to help !! :) :)
Thank you for your sharing. That's truly a long time! :-\
I am so glad that now your wife got her AIP letter and start the different life.

One of our friends who works at court told us that "Hamilton" local CIC will process the application quicker compare to other local CIC.
So keep praying, I believe that you will hear the good news soon! ;D

PS. I think the new LINC clerks are not really familiar with that "inlander stuff" since SISO have just closed not too long ago. As soon as they found out the information from CIC, your wife is definitely qualified for that LINC course. Don't worry!

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, Material.

I went there today. And the lady (I think her name is Maria) told me that Inlander applicants will be eligible for the LINK class until they receive the AIP letter, and they still need waiting for the confirmation from CIC. (But won't be too long....)

So, I think maybe that's the new procedure. I hope your wife will be able to attend the course soon!

Fingers crossed! ;D

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Jennifer0827 said:
Hey, Material.

I went there today. And the lady (I think her name is Maria) told me that Inlander applicants will be eligible for the LINK class until they receive the AIP letter, and they still need waiting for the confirmation from CIC. (But won't be too long....)

So, I think maybe that's the new procedure. I hope your wife will be able to attend the course soon!

Fingers crossed! ;D
Thats great news Jen !! :) :) hopefully they wont take too long in getting back to us they told my wife that they are going to call her on Friday and that if they didnt she should call them to check.

Thanks for the update !! I will let you know what happens when we get any news