+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Limit on hours to work on SIN on academic drop

viratmahajan

Aug 5, 2018
Nobody is going to stop you from working full time it is only when you start applying for things like PGWP when it will create a problem.

Scheduled break is a regular break that was part of your studies i.e all your classmates will also be on break. During this time there are no limits to how many hours you can work.
it is mention in the website that its full time but no where its written what is full time for academic break ....so its confusion whether there is any limit on no of hours on SIN for academic break or not....???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
it is mention in the website that its full time but no where its written what is full time for academic break ....so its confusion whether there is any limit on no of hours on SIN for academic break or not....???
Your language is still confusing. How do you define an academic break? Is everyone else in your program on a break as well? Is it a scheduled break? Or are only you on a break? If only you are on a break - this is not a scheduled break.

viratmahajan

Aug 5, 2018
Your language is still confusing. How do you define an academic break? Is everyone else in your program on a break as well? Is it a scheduled break? Or are only you on a break? If only you are on a break - this is not a scheduled break.
its a session break....all students of my course will be on break now for 4 months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
during work permit , there will be no issue for no. of hours on SIn BECAUSE FROM JANUARY 2018 IM WORKING 20 HRS on SIN.....???
You are seriously asking alot of questions that don't make sense. So let me break it down for you:

Working while attending school full time:
- You are only allowed to work 20 hours per week. Do not go over 20 hours as IRCC will know if you worked over 20 hours

Working during a schedule break or school break:
- You can work as much as you want during a school break eg Summer Break, Christmas Break etc. If you want to take a break between you programs, then you cannot work at all as the break is scheduled personally by you and not the school. School breaks are considered if the entire school is on break or just your program is scheduled to have breaks.

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
Either they were working illegally or they chose to take courses during a scheduled break.
The scheduled breaks can only be those which are listed on the university calendar. Their university is Capilano. I guess if the uni says that they no courses are available for that session then only u can take breaks.
A lot of students generally have their own theories. It's better to call CIC and consult with them if any doubt persists.

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
You are seriously asking alot of questions that don't make sense. So let me break it down for you:

Working while attending school full time:
- You are only allowed to work 20 hours per week. Do not go over 20 hours as IRCC will know if you worked over 20 hours

Working during a schedule break or school break:
- You can work as much as you want during a school break eg Summer Break, Christmas Break etc. If you want to take a break between you programs, then you cannot work at all as the break is scheduled personally by you and not the school. School breaks are considered if the entire school is on break or just your program is scheduled to have breaks.
Hey Man,
I've got a question.
My flatmates working full time in their summer semester and also attending their full-time summer semester.
What do you make up from this situation? And Also do they don't have scheduled summer breaks.
Any replies will be appreciated
Cheers

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hey Man,
I've got a question.
My flatmates working full time in their summer semester and also attending their full-time summer semester.
What do you make up from this situation? And Also do they don't have scheduled summer breaks.
Cheers
So your flatmate school program requires full time classes during the summer as well?

If that is true, then he could only work 20 hours and not full time hours.

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
I am really not sure what their school requires.
But in my general opinion, if you are attending full-time classes then generally you are supposed to the 20 hours a week. (As per CIC)
Don't know.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The scheduled breaks can only be those which are listed on the university calendar. Their university is Capilano. I guess if the uni says that they no courses are available for that session then only u can take breaks.
A lot of students generally have their own theories. It's better to call CIC and consult with them if any doubt persists.
If a student follows their program, the university will pretty much always have courses. That is the whole point of a set program. If there are no courses, it generally the student's fault, i.e. they failed a course and can't continue the program without it. Students don't get to benefit with having extra time to work because they made mistakes.

Hey Man,
I've got a question.
Cheers
Not a scheduled break = working illegally.

Reactions: Wonderland_1010

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
If a student follows their program, the university will pretty much always have courses. That is the whole point of a set program. If there are no courses, it generally the student's fault, i.e. they failed a course and can't continue the program without it. Students don't get to benefit with having extra time to work because they made mistakes.

Not a scheduled break = working illegally.
All Sorted
Cheers