+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life's changed in 6 months in canada

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Olabisi2010 said:
Hi Buddy,

Your story INSPIRES, MOTIVATES AND FURTHER REKINDLES INTEREST of the hard working and upwardly professionals looking at Canada for commensurate reward. Thank you so much for taking out time to share with us. Need I say more...

Cheers
Olabisi
Thanks to this forum......thnx to u tooo

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
mandiebraxton said:
Good post! Very inspiring and agree with you on this: that Canada rewards the hardworking. Some people think Canada owes the something and it should just throw opportunities are them without sweating for it. Good work ethics in whatever you do will take you far. All the best my dear friend.

*Mandie*
Thnx Mandie

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Hi Amilatan,

Thanks a lot for your inspiring post and congrats on overcoming your challenges in Canada. My NOC is 0631 and have been in F & B Service for the last 15 years , mostly as F & B Manager,Director of Food & Beverage, Asst GM in Hotels, Resorts, Cruise Ships, Bars & Restaurants e.t.c.

What are my chances in Canada? I am Landing in Vancouver in July for a week to complete my landing obligations first and then planning to go back permanently may be in April 2013.

Whats your advise on this

appreciate your feedback

cheers
charlie

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
andreagail999 said:
Hi Amilatan,

Thanks a lot for your inspiring post and congrats on overcoming your challenges in Canada. My NOC is 0631 and have been in F & B Service for the last 15 years , mostly as F & B Manager,Director of Food & Beverage, Asst GM in Hotels, Resorts, Cruise Ships, Bars & Restaurants e.t.c.

What are my chances in Canada? I am Landing in Vancouver in July for a week to complete my landing obligations first and then planning to go back permanently may be in April 2013.

appreciate your feedback

cheers
charlie
Hi Amilatan,

Same as Chrlie, I am also working in Hotels for last 10 years, as F&B Manager. Your story is really impressing!!! And have a same question, what are the chances in Canada? My time line a little longer but recently sent updated doc's and waiting for MR.

Please give us your advices.
Thanks a lot.
Marvik

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
brother. i am a strong person, but after reading your story, my eyes filled with tears of happiness. you have narrated it well. it will give hopes to loads of our friends on this forum. thanks so much for sharing. God may give you more success and happiness in your life.

regnard

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-2011
amilatan said:
landed in canada almost 6 months back. Had a fear, anxiety while leaving my well settled job of SR. Sous chef in U.K.but only thing that drove me to come to canada was my Permanent resident's status. with absolute clueless about shelter,job,weather landed in canada with a little known friend in town.but by gods grace this little known friend turned biggest supporter for me during my initial days.stayed with his family for couple of weeks.completed formalities of SIN card, driving license & medical card.
it was only for couple weeks,buty getting frustrated day by day.as i was looking for my kind of jobs on www.kijiji.ca .but apperently this part of the world dont recognise the hierachy in kitchen except in star hotels .Was disaappointed to know about certain certifications required to get the proper job.
finally with the help of my friend who is a Restaurant mngr,refer me to his Area mngr for me as a Kitchen mngr..guess what got no reply at all.applied in a Radisson hotel for "Sous chef",but they asked for Red seal certification.
As days were passing by frustration was building up.My friend & his wife was giving me hope that people dont find jobs for 6-9 months so dont worry.but i could not stop worrying as i had left good job from UK,& family at india waiting to join me...
BUt my friend again approached to the Managing Director of his Restaurant chain for me,,But this time he approached him for the higher position of Restaurant mngr.I was confused & told my friend that i can manage kitchen but its been 12 yrs since i did my hotel mngt & have no service background at all.
interestingly His MD gave me a call for interview.i went prepared to him.while interviewing he did not even bothered to see my certifications .
I told him honestly that i have strong experience in kitchen but willing to put my extra effort as a Restaurant mngr ,if opportunity is given.
that's what these guys(canadians) are fair about ...he hired me immediately as a Restaurant mngr.put me on training for 6 weeks.
As he knew that i dont have car & will be relying on public transit,he decided to train n post me to the location close to my apartment.(by the time i did rented out apartment with my friends help).
Good fortune did not stop there,after my training finished ,my family joined me here.a month passed & general mngr of my outlet left for another job..so the position got vacant.so i thought another sr.mngr would get that job due to seniority.but no,,,our strong ,honest work ethics came over to the experience & i got promoted to General mngr in just 4 months...Thnx god & thnx Canada.....
This place have given me opportunity & everything in just 4 months,that could never have achieved in 15 yrs.
This is the right place for every hard working individual in the world.
Its just an interval,,,becoz i had a good package i enrolled my wife to canadian university for post graduation in accounting.as indian accounting doesnt work here,,and my wife did not work for last 8 yrs.fees for the course was around $12000.but the institution itself aspplied for federal & govt grant on my wife's behalf.& we got it within a week without any paperwork(except proof of PR ?& banking details).she also gets child benefits for 2 kids every quarterly , direct deposited to her account.Isnt it great to have all these facilities & support without any hussles ?....especially this experience has made me feel more dedicated towards this country. Offcourse i love india but it will be unfair to not disclose the best things i have experienced in this country so far.
Elder kid had assesement from local school division.due to our strong indian education system he scored well in his assesement to secure admission at right grade(std).In fact he was eligible to move to next grade.but his age was not appropriate.(my son is an average/decent student.not sooo scholar.)but still he did the best.so hats of to the indian education system.
Thats all my story from last 6 months.in the mean time i also have done local mendatory certifications.which will help in securing job in other organisations as well.
Its not hard to find right jobs...but dont just fall for anything ,if u have little time in your hand....& if not then start with whatever u get,but dont get stuck to it...keep trying..get local certifications in the meantime..go online to check how to?.
ALL THE BEST...& MAIL ME ,IF U NEED HELP.I WILL TRY MY BEST....BECOZ THIS FORUM HAVE GIVEN ME THE STRENGTH WHEN I NEEDED MOST.
Great story! :) This is motivation for a lot of folks.

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PP Sent: 30-09-2013, DM 02-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
regnard said:
Great story! :) This is motivation for a lot of folks.
yes.
@amilatan,
Thanks for sharing this. Good hear that assessment exams may not be a problem. If it is easy for kids to adjust, parents can focus on other things.

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
zub2612 said:
brother. i am a strong person, but after reading your story, my eyes filled with tears of happiness. you have narrated it well. it will give hopes to loads of our friends on this forum. thanks so much for sharing. God may give you more success and happiness in your life.
Thnx alot ZUB..it was this forum which helped me during my anxious moments.so its my duty now to share me experiences. if anytime i can be of ur help then ,pls consider me.Baki "Allah malik"...

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dear Amilatan,

A Very motivating and encouraging Post. I was really feeling very glad while reading your story. It is really very inspiring and cool one.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great inspiring sharing. Thanks Amilatan. Not everybody be able to see them that lucky to secure a good job like you did. It also indicate that we must not give up but keep trying.....
Best of luck

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
andreagail999 said:
Hi Amilatan,

Hi amilatan

What's your advise on this ?

Cheers
appreciate your feedback

cheers
charlie

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
yea and -40c during winters to survive !

:)

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think minus temp. is not an issue in Canada.

They have the best arrangements for winter (even -50) in the world. Recently, the world has witnessed many airports shut down for a few days in Europe due to heavy snowfall, but not in Canada. In most of the European countries their heating systems were collapsed during winter recently.

Anybody can guess now...