+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life's changed in 6 months in canada

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
landed in canada almost 6 months back. Had a fear, anxiety while leaving my well settled job of SR. Sous chef in U.K.but only thing that drove me to come to canada was my Permanent resident's status. with absolute clueless about shelter,job,weather landed in canada with a little known friend in town.but by gods grace this little known friend turned biggest supporter for me during my initial days.stayed with his family for couple of weeks.completed formalities of SIN card, driving license & medical card.
it was only for couple weeks,buty getting frustrated day by day.as i was looking for my kind of jobs on www.kijiji.ca .but apperently this part of the world dont recognise the hierachy in kitchen except in star hotels .Was disaappointed to know about certain certifications required to get the proper job.
finally with the help of my friend who is a Restaurant mngr,refer me to his Area mngr for me as a Kitchen mngr..guess what got no reply at all.applied in a Radisson hotel for "Sous chef",but they asked for Red seal certification.
As days were passing by frustration was building up.My friend & his wife was giving me hope that people dont find jobs for 6-9 months so dont worry.but i could not stop worrying as i had left good job from UK,& family at india waiting to join me...
BUt my friend again approached to the Managing Director of his Restaurant chain for me,,But this time he approached him for the higher position of Restaurant mngr.I was confused & told my friend that i can manage kitchen but its been 12 yrs since i did my hotel mngt & have no service background at all.
interestingly His MD gave me a call for interview.i went prepared to him.while interviewing he did not even bothered to see my certifications .
I told him honestly that i have strong experience in kitchen but willing to put my extra effort as a Restaurant mngr ,if opportunity is given.
that's what these guys(canadians) are fair about ...he hired me immediately as a Restaurant mngr.put me on training for 6 weeks.
As he knew that i dont have car & will be relying on public transit,he decided to train n post me to the location close to my apartment.(by the time i did rented out apartment with my friends help).
Good fortune did not stop there,after my training finished ,my family joined me here.a month passed & general mngr of my outlet left for another job..so the position got vacant.so i thought another sr.mngr would get that job due to seniority.but no,,,our strong ,honest work ethics came over to the experience & i got promoted to General mngr in just 4 months...Thnx god & thnx Canada.....
This place have given me opportunity & everything in just 4 months,that could never have achieved in 15 yrs.
This is the right place for every hard working individual in the world.
Its just an interval,,,becoz i had a good package i enrolled my wife to canadian university for post graduation in accounting.as indian accounting doesnt work here,,and my wife did not work for last 8 yrs.fees for the course was around $12000.but the institution itself aspplied for federal & govt grant on my wife's behalf.& we got it within a week without any paperwork(except proof of PR ?& banking details).she also gets child benefits for 2 kids every quarterly , direct deposited to her account.Isnt it great to have all these facilities & support without any hussles ?....especially this experience has made me feel more dedicated towards this country. Offcourse i love india but it will be unfair to not disclose the best things i have experienced in this country so far.
Elder kid had assesement from local school division.due to our strong indian education system he scored well in his assesement to secure admission at right grade(std).In fact he was eligible to move to next grade.but his age was not appropriate.(my son is an average/decent student.not sooo scholar.)but still he did the best.so hats of to the indian education system.
Thats all my story from last 6 months.in the mean time i also have done local mendatory certifications.which will help in securing job in other organisations as well.
Its not hard to find right jobs...but dont just fall for anything ,if u have little time in your hand....& if not then start with whatever u get,but dont get stuck to it...keep trying..get local certifications in the meantime..go online to check how to?.
ALL THE BEST...& MAIL ME ,IF U NEED HELP.I WILL TRY MY BEST....BECOZ THIS FORUM HAVE GIVEN ME THE STRENGTH WHEN I NEEDED MOST.

gopikolli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/4/11 (PER- 10/5/11)
AOR Received.
1/7/11
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
12/6/11
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-04-13
Interview........
waivered
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-14
LANDED..........
to land in april
very inspiring!!!
we hear so many negativities everyday regarding jobs I was very happy to read a happy story
good luck to you and thanks for your offer

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Good post! Very inspiring and agree with you on this: that Canada rewards the hardworking. Some people think Canada owes the something and it should just throw opportunities are them without sweating for it. Good work ethics in whatever you do will take you far. All the best my dear friend.

*Mandie*

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
amilatan said:
landed in canada almost 6 months back. Had a fear, anxiety while leaving my well settled job of SR. Sous chef in U.K.but only thing that drove me to come to canada was my Permanent resident's status. with absolute clueless about shelter,job,weather landed in canada with a little known friend in town.but by gods grace this little known friend turned biggest supporter for me during my initial days.stayed with his family for couple of weeks.completed formalities of SIN card, driving license & medical card.
it was only for couple weeks,buty getting frustrated day by day.as i was looking for my kind of jobs on www.kijiji.ca .but apperently this part of the world dont recognise the hierachy in kitchen except in star hotels .Was disaappointed to know about certain certifications required to get the proper job.
finally with the help of my friend who is a Restaurant mngr,refer me to his Area mngr for me as a Kitchen mngr..guess what got no reply at all.applied in a Radisson hotel for "Sous chef",but they asked for Red seal certification.
As days were passing by frustration was building up.My friend & his wife was giving me hope that people dont find jobs for 6-9 months so dont worry.but i could not stop worrying as i had left good job from UK,& family at india waiting to join me...
BUt my friend again approached to the Managing Director of his Restaurant chain for me,,But this time he approached him for the higher position of Restaurant mngr.I was confused & told my friend that i can manage kitchen but its been 12 yrs since i did my hotel mngt & have no service background at all.
interestingly His MD gave me a call for interview.i went prepared to him.while interviewing he did not even bothered to see my certifications .
I told him honestly that i have strong experience in kitchen but willing to put my extra effort as a Restaurant mngr ,if opportunity is given.
that's what these guys(canadians) are fair about ...he hired me immediately as a Restaurant mngr.put me on training for 6 weeks.
As he knew that i dont have car & will be relying on public transit,he decided to train n post me to the location close to my apartment.(by the time i did rented out apartment with my friends help).
Good fortune did not stop there,after my training finished ,my family joined me here.a month passed & general mngr of my outlet left for another job..so the position got vacant.so i thought another sr.mngr would get that job due to seniority.but no,,,our strong ,honest work ethics came over to the experience & i got promoted to General mngr in just 4 months...Thnx god & thnx Canada.....
This place have given me opportunity & everything in just 4 months,that could never have achieved in 15 yrs.
Its just an interval,,,becoz i had a good package i enrolled my wife to canadian university for post graduation in accounting.as indian accounting doesnt work here,,and my wife did not work for last 8 yrs.fees for the course was around $12000.but the institution itself aspplied for federal & govt grant on my wife's behalf.& we got it within a week without any paperwork(except proof of PR ?& banking details).she also gets child benefits for 2 kids every quarterly , direct deposited to her account.Isnt it great to have all these facilities & support without any hussles ?....especially this experience has made me feel more dedicated towards this country. Offcourse i love india but it will be unfair to not disclose the best things i have experienced in this country so far.
Elder kid had assesement from local school division.due to our strong indian education system he scored well in his assesement to secure admission at right grade(std).In fact he was eligible to move to next grade.but his age was not appropriate.(my son is an average/decent student.not sooo scholar.)but still he did the best.so hats of to the indian education system.
Thats all my story from last 6 months.in the mean time i also have done local mendatory certifications.which will help in securing job in other organisations as well.
Its not hard to find right jobs...but dont just fall for anything ,if u have little time in your hand....& if not then start with whatever u get,but dont get stuck to it...keep trying..get local certifications in the meantime..go online to check how to?.
ALL THE BEST...& MAIL ME ,IF U NEED HELP.I WILL TRY MY BEST....BECOZ THIS FORUM HAVE GIVEN ME THE STRENGTH WHEN I NEEDED MOST.
Congtats and I am very happy seeing happy face of newly landed PR. Your words and experience are very inspiring for people like us who are in queue for becoming PR.

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
amilatan said:
Very congrats.
This is very inspiration for the person who is seating at the other end of the world and feeling much insecure for the same thing what U have highlighted here.

God Bless u and our best wishes are always with you,
Kavya

jingi

Feb 1, 2012
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2012 & Feb 28 (Returned due to CAP reached)
:) :) This is soooooooooo nice..... I am re-applying in July 2012..... was very depressed about accomodation,work n life in an totally unknown country.... but after reading ur post - hats off man inspired me to come there..... thnx for sharing it...very intersting post.... i too have a well settled life n secured job in India but planning to move for better future of self n kids.....

thnx once again....

frobag

Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Nomination.....
PER 02-2012
This is true morale booster.

priyum521

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-08-2012
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
03-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2012
LANDED..........
Already in Canada since August, 2011
Congrats and Thanks lot for sharing your experience. your post will give moral support and confidence to all who want to come to Canada.

Thanks Again.

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Buddy,

Your story INSPIRES, MOTIVATES AND FURTHER REKINDLES INTEREST of the hard working and upwardly professionals looking at Canada for commensurate reward. Thank you so much for taking out time to share with us. Need I say more...

Cheers
Olabisi

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
amilatan said:

Nice to read all about you

KNM

Sep 5, 2011
Salutations,

In a day, when you dont come across any Problems - you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path...........

(Aim, Mission & Ambition........all 3 seems different but dives in same DELTA)

KNM

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could u pls share which city u r dwelling in canada right now?