+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life insurance or supplemental insurance

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
Hi...I understand that as PRs, my family will be covered under OHIP after the 1st 3 months of residing in Ontario. But, may I know is it costly to purchase prescription medicine in Ontario? If yes, it is common for Ontario residents to purchase supplemental health coverage and how much would it typically cost for a family of 2+2?

mrsabih

Aug 24, 2010
I am also looking for right answer but some one told me that its good to take health insurance for first three months two companies will senior refer me blue cross or greenshield

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
For the first three months its best to be covered if you have children. To go to A&E is free but you purchase prescription which are not standardised costs like in uk whre they have one cost for all medications so antibiotics can be so costly and varry in costs. The cost of going to a Walk in clinic in 2008 was around 120 bucks without OHIP card and on top of that prescriptions so would advise on getting insurance as they would cover all these expenses so long as you send in original receiptss.