+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life in Toronto.

sameeprajguru

Aug 13, 2013
I came here in Toronto in April 2013.

It's a nice country where your talent is appreciated.

Struggle is part of life wherever you live whether in India or Canada. So, You have to struggle here too.

People are friendly, welcoming and non-biased.

Environment is neat, clean but more polluted as compared to India because People smoke here a lot in Public.

I met with lot of Indian Friends in my Course, Batch and Year. If I say there are 50 Indians in my whole session, 49 of them do work. By work, I mean Work off campus on Cash jobs. I don't because I am scared. It's a chance been given to me by God. I don't want to mess around with law and studies. How do they do this ? Why do they do this ? I am clueless. They all come from big families having huge properties back home but here they turn Poor immediately. There are some people who really need that money to pay off rent, fees and grocery. I am not offended by them. They need it badly and they have no other option.

All of them laughed and saw me as a fool. But, It's my personal advice to newcomers to focus on Studies and New Environment than wasting your precious hours in Factories.

Canada is a land of Opportunities, I welcome all newcomers joining in September session.

Good Luck !

One more thing, Newcomers always see Indian in a bad way. They come with arrogance because they have just learnt to fly. But, the reality here is that everyone is equal. Treat everyone as equal and humbly. Do respect your community members, others and You'll succeed.

Ischaan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
NAVI MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th August 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
8th July
Med's Done....
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
27th August
LANDED..........
31st August
sameeprajguru said:

Struggle is part of life wherever you live whether in India or Canada. So, You have to struggle here too.

Environment is neat, clean but more polluted as compared to India because People smoke here a lot in Public.

I met with lot of Indian Friends in my Course, Batch and Year. If I say there are 50 Indians in my whole session, 49 of them do work. By work, I mean Work off campus on Cash jobs. I don't because I am scared. It's a chance been given to me by God. I don't want to mess around with law and studies. How do they do this ? Why do they do this ? I am clueless. They all come from big families having huge properties back home but here they turn Poor immediately. There are some people who really need that money to pay off rent, fees and grocery. I am not offended by them. They need it badly and they have no other option.

All of them laughed and saw me as a fool. But, It's my personal advice to newcomers to focus on Studies and New Environment than wasting your precious hours in Factories.

Canada is a land of Opportunities, I welcome all newcomers joining in September session.

Good Luck !

One more thing, Newcomers always see Indian in a bad way. They come with arrogance because they have just learnt to fly. But, the reality here is that everyone is equal. Treat everyone as equal and humbly. Do respect your community members, others and You'll succeed.
nice

theoptimist

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Harare
Visa Office......
Harare / Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
15 AUGUST :D
sameeprajguru said:

Good Luck !

This is truly one of th best posts I have seen on this forum. And it not only applies to Indians but to everyone else. Indeed life is a struggle no matter where you are but the amount of opportunity that lies in Canada is truly immense.

I too don't understand those that work off campus before they have a valid work permit. Surely if they got approved for a study permit they should have at least enough money to sustain them for 6months before they can apply for the work permit. It is indeed taking a big risk working illegaly especially at an opportunity like learning in Canada...a country which imo, has the best tuition rates in the developed nations and still overs one the highest qualities of life.

I really applaud you for not caving into the pressures of others calling you a "fool" for not working etc...What people must remember is that they are in Canada to study and not make a living. Ofcourse working off-campus in the summers (legally) is a great way to earn experience and learn other new things but one must never forget why they are in Canada and how easy that oppotunity can easily be taken away from them should they take it forgranted.

Peacemaker2301

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
28-09-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Passport Req..
04-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
Thanx sameeprajguru for sharing this wonderful experience.
Being focused is the only way to succeed in any country. I hope all the people yet to arrive in canada read this. May u succeed in whatever u plan to do there.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great post..

and yes, dont break the law. if u dont have work permit yet, dont work.