+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

License for foreign engineering graduates in Canada

comatozed

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

I have two questions regarding foreign engineering degrees (obtained outside Canada) and their eligibility to work in Canada.

1. I have recently applied for the Express Entry program. I did my electrical engineering from Pakistan back in 2013 and then a masters in Control Systems from the United Kingdom in 2016. I want to know whether I would be required to take any exam in order to attain the status of a licensed engineer in Ontario.

2. Secondly, what's meant by engineer-in-training?

Thanks! :)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

I have two questions regarding foreign engineering degrees (obtained outside Canada) and their eligibility to work in Canada.

1. I have recently applied for the Express Entry program. I did my electrical engineering from Pakistan back in 2013 and then a masters in Control Systems from the United Kingdom in 2016. I want to know whether I would be required to take any exam in order to attain the status of a licensed engineer in Ontario.

2. Secondly, what's meant by engineer-in-training?

Thanks! :)
1 - Depends on the nature of the job. Some jobs may require you to get the PE (Professional Engineer) license from the Province.
2 - EIT or Engineer-in-Training is a step towards obtaining PE license.

More details here:
https://newcomers.engineerscanada.ca/licensing-canada

Reactions: comatozed

Mohit14

Apr 17, 2018
Hii

I am a marine engineer holding MEO CLASS 2 COC from india. I have done my bachelor's in tech ( mech) and then one year Graduate Marine Engineer (GME) pre sea course both from india. Do I need to get transcripts for one year GME course and my class 2 COC for express entry.
Can someone help me with the above.
And is there any marine engineer applying for express entry?
I have sailing experience with one company only but we have an arrangement of sailing for 4 months and leave for 2.5 months. Does my sailing experience count?