+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of Proficiency

abandres

Jan 11, 2006
Venezuela
Hello,

I am a computer programmer with 10 years of experience but I am not an Engineer although have 14 years of full studies.
Does anybody know if I can claim different Proficiency Levels in English?, like: Speaking: Moderate, Listening: High, Reading: High, Writing: Moderate.
I reach the 67 points if I do this but I don't know what score I need in IELTS.

Other than that if I put HIGH in all I got 71 but I am concern about getting 7.0 for IELTS. I am not a native speaker. I also know a little of French but I am not ready to take a French test, any advice??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

abandres said:
Hello,

I am a computer programmer with 10 years of experience but I am not an Engineer although have 14 years of full studies.
Does anybody know if I can claim different Proficiency Levels in English?, like: Speaking: Moderate, Listening: High, Reading: High, Writing: Moderate.
I reach the 67 points if I do this but I don't know what score I need in IELTS.

Other than that if I put HIGH in all I got 71 but I am concern about getting 7.0 for IELTS. I am not a native speaker. I also know a little of French but I am not ready to take a French test, any advice??

Take the IELTS it is the only way you will know what level that CHC will give you.

PMM

feline

Jan 31, 2007
What is the additional no. of points if you get to learn French? Is there a specific no. of points for beginner, intermediate and high level of proficiency of the French language? What about the English language, is it treated this way, with different no. of points depending on proficiency?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

feline said:
What is the additional no. of points if you get to learn French? Is there a specific no. of points for beginner, intermediate and high level of proficiency of the French language? What about the English language, is it treated this way, with different no. of points depending on proficiency?

Thanks.
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-3.html

PMM