+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of Education Post-ITA

SaSJ

Aug 31, 2020
Hi All,
I received my ITA and now I'm trying to fill my PR application form. I completed my BE and MBA(part-time). The degree equivalency I got was 4 year Bachelor degree (for BE) and 1 year postgraduate diploma (for MBA). In the PR application, the Level of Education for MBA I have given it as Masters degree and in my ECA Qualification, I have given it as 1year postgraduate diploma. In the end of the form I can see a preview of CRS points for my profile and it's showing 7 points more i.e., it's considering the Level of Education (MBA) instead of the ECA equivalency! I'm thoroughly confused as to what needs to be updated.
Should I change my Level of Education to 2-year degree program or leave it as Masters degree?
Will it cause any problem with my application!
Please help!
Thanks

SaSJ

Aug 31, 2020
Is this a technical glitch. Do we need to worry about the difference in points calculated?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi All,
I received my ITA and now I'm trying to fill my PR application form. I completed my BE and MBA(part-time). The degree equivalency I got was 4 year Bachelor degree (for BE) and 1 year postgraduate diploma (for MBA). In the PR application, the Level of Education for MBA I have given it as Masters degree and in my ECA Qualification, I have given it as 1year postgraduate diploma. In the end of the form I can see a preview of CRS points for my profile and it's showing 7 points more i.e., it's considering the Level of Education (MBA) instead of the ECA equivalency! I'm thoroughly confused as to what needs to be updated.
Should I change my Level of Education to 2-year degree program or leave it as Masters degree?
Please help!
Thanks
You need to change the equivalency of your MBA to "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute". It cannot be a Masters degree as per your ECA report.

Then you will get correct points.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hi All,
Please help!
Thanks
I have the same problem for my wife's degree.
Pre ITA i had written master in level of education and 4 year bachelors in eca and i got correct 9 points for her.

Post ITA the information automatically got transferred to education history and it is giving me 1 point more now.
So probably technical glitch as the evaluation for ECA level should be the one that gets calculated same as pre ITA. Why would it change after ITA.

SaSJ

Aug 31, 2020
You need to change the equivalency of your MBA to "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute". It cannot be a Masters degree as per your ECA report.

Then you will get correct points.
Hi..
Thanks for response. But in my EE profile, I had provided it as Masters degree and got the correct CRS value. The same got auto-populated in my form, post ITA and the score is 7 points more.
Would you still recommend that I change the Level of Education to 1-year degree?
If so, why was the points calculated different in EE application and PR application form.? Isn't it some kind of glitch?

SaSJ

Aug 31, 2020
I have the same problem for my wife's degree.
Pre ITA i had written master in level of education and 4 year bachelors in eca and i got correct 9 points for her.

Post ITA the information automatically got transferred to education history and it is giving me 1 point more now.
So probably technical glitch as the evaluation for ECA level should be the one that gets calculated same as pre ITA. Why would it change after ITA.
Hi.. Yup the Same for me.. the only difference is the number of points is 7 which is a big jump in the score. So since you are also facing this issue, would like to know if there was any problem with the process or everything went smoothly and there weren't any questions raised about the change in points?
Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi..
Thanks for response. But in my EE profile, I had provided it as Masters degree and got the correct CRS value. The same got auto-populated in my form, post ITA and the score is 7 points more.
Would you still recommend that I change the Level of Education to 1-year degree?
If so, why was the points calculated different in EE application and PR application form.? Isn't it some kind of glitch?
Your ECA reports has given the equivalency as 1 year pg diploma for your MBA. When you entered it as a Masters degree in your EE profile, you made a mistake. It should have been "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute". The 7 points difference is the difference in points you get for a Masters Degree and Two or more degrees/diplomas.

You need to recalculate your points with the correct ECA equivalency and then need to check if your CRS score is still above the minimum cut-off for the round of invitation in which you received the ITA. If it is still above the cut-off you can proceed with your application. If it falls below the cut-off, you need to decline the ITA and fix the error in your EE profile.

SaSJ

Aug 31, 2020
Your ECA reports has given the equivalency as 1 year pg diploma for your MBA. When you entered it as a Masters degree in your EE profile, you made a mistake. It should have been "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute". The 7 points difference is the difference in points you get for a Masters Degree and Two or more degrees/diplomas.

You need to recalculate your points with the correct ECA equivalency and then need to check if your CRS score is still above the minimum cut-off for the round of invitation in which you received the ITA. If it is still above the cut-off you can proceed with your application. If it falls below the cut-off, you need to decline the ITA and fix the error in your EE profile.
Hey..
I think you got it wrong..
In my EE profile I entered Level of Education for MBA as Masters degree and ECA as 1year postgraduate degree and got score of 472
But now in my PR form,the same Level of Education Masters degree and same ECA - 1year postgraduate degree is showing additional 7points.
I'm confused on how different scores are seen in different forms.
My correct score is 472! But in PR Apln alone it's showing as 479.
Hope its clearer now.

Thanks..

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hey..
I think you got it wrong..
In my EE profile I entered Level of Education for MBA as Masters degree and ECA as 1year postgraduate degree and got score of 472
But now in my PR form,the same Level of Education Masters degree and same ECA - 1year postgraduate degree is showing additional 7points.
I'm confused on how different scores are seen in different forms.
My correct score is 472! But in PR Apln alone it's showing as 479.
Hope its clearer now.

Thanks..
Oh! I got it now. Apologies for getting it wrong!

As long as your old score is above the cut-off for the round of invitation, you can proceed with the application.

SaSJ

Aug 31, 2020
Oh! I got it now. Apologies for getting it wrong!

As long as your old score is above the cut-off for the round of invitation, you can proceed with the application.
Thanks mate!
Hope the immigration authorities calculate my score using the ECA provided and hope this glitch is corrected in the near future!

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hi.. Yup the Same for me.. the only difference is the number of points is 7 which is a big jump in the score. So since you are also facing this issue, would like to know if there was any problem with the process or everything went smoothly and there weren't any questions raised about the change in points?
Thanks
I think the visa officer would be able to see that nothing was changed but still there a jump in points. So he would know it was a glitch.
I would submit as it is. As I have changed nothing in that area actual degree level is still same masters and ECA report level still mentions 4 years bachelor. Definitely no Misrepresentation here.

For me it is one point jump because i am the primary applicant not my wife. If it was her the jump would have been same 7 points.

SaSJ

Aug 31, 2020
I think the visa officer would be able to see that nothing was changed but still there a jump in points. So he would know it was a glitch.
I would submit as it is. As I have changed nothing in that area actual degree level is still same masters and ECA report level still mentions 4 years bachelor. Definitely no Misrepresentation here.

For me it is one point jump because i am the primary applicant not my wife. If it was her the jump would have been same 7 points.
Hey thanks for your response. Would like to know if all went fine for you. There weren't any issues with the Process right due to change in points when your submitted the PR application?
Just curious!

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hey thanks for your response. Would like to know if all went fine for you. There weren't any issues with the Process right due to change in points when your submitted the PR application?
Just curious!
Hahaha i just got the ITA in the same boat as you :p

NNVV

Jan 20, 2021
Goodluck to you! Probably we can discuss further in case of any doubts!
Thanks mate!
Hi,

Can you please tell me how did you submit your profile? Since I am in same situation...

Did you submit with the extra 7 point or changed your Level of education to 1 year program?