+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of Education Please Help

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hi

I received my ECA from ICAS and it says as follows:

Bachelor of Science in Pakistan equivalent to "Two years of university study".
Masters of Computer Science in Pakistan equivalent to "Two additional years of university study"

On the ECA report its written:

In combination, the credentials provided represent a level of education in Canda comparable to:

Bachelor's Degree (Four Years)

In my EE profile i selected as follows:

Bachelor of Science in Pakistan in EE equivalent "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"
Masters of Computer Science in Pakistan in EE equivalent "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" There is no option to choose for "Two additional years of university study" also my highest education in Pakistan is Masters that is equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Canada.

This way my highest education is: Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Experts please help is it good ?

eept

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hi

I received my ECA from ICAS and it says as follows:

Bachelor of Science in Pakistan equivalent to "Two years of university study".
Masters of Computer Science in Pakistan equivalent to "Two additional years of university study"

On the ECA report its written:

In combination, the credentials provided represent a level of education in Canda comparable to:

Bachelor's Degree (Four Years)

In my EE profile i selected as follows:

Bachelor of Science in Pakistan in EE equivalent "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"
Masters of Computer Science in Pakistan in EE equivalent "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" There is no option to choose for "Two additional years of university study" also my highest education in Pakistan is Masters that is equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Canada.

This way my highest education is: Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Experts please help is it good ?

Hi! I don’t want to be so negative, but I don’t think you could claim 2 degrees for your assessment.

The overall assessment is “Bachelor’s degree”.

Thus, the equivalency for your Bachelor’s degree is None. (It is considered a 2-tear study, but not a degree.)
For Masters, you would enter Bachelor’s degree for Canadian equivalency.

I may be wrong, but this is how I would interpret this. I would suggest looking for other ECA agencies that would provide you with a better interpretation of your credentials.