+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of Education in Express Entry for Diploma and Bachelor's Degree

Jaishree

Apr 16, 2021
I need some help to understand if I would be awarded with 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' with the below ECA report.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
  • Name on Credential: KUKREJA, Jaishree Gopichand
  • Credential authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
  • Credential: Diploma in Computer Technology
  • Year: 2010
  • Awarded by: Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education
  • Major: Computer Technology
  • Canadian equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

• Name on Credential: Kukreja Jaishree Gopichand Laxmi
  • Credential authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
  • Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
  • Year: 2013
  • Awarded by: University of Mumbai
  • Major: Computer Engineering
  • Canadian equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Jaishree

Apr 16, 2021
Are you pretty sure about it? I have checked that link earlier - individually we get 120 points for 'Bachelor's (four years)' and 98 points for 'diploma(two years) but I am not quite sure if just one of the two qualifications will be considered or both. Could you please help me understand this?

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
so can you apply for the Express entry with qualifications obtained abroad? is this possible with (ECA) Educational credential assessment?

Jaishree

Apr 16, 2021
so can you apply for the Express entry with qualifications obtained abroad? is this possible with (ECA) Educational credential assessment?
I think yes, irrespective of the country except Canada itself, you need to get the ECA for Canada Equivalency of your academic qualifications.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you pretty sure about it? I have checked that link earlier - individually we get 120 points for 'Bachelor's (four years)' and 98 points for 'diploma(two years) but I am not quite sure if just one of the two qualifications will be considered or both. Could you please help me understand this?
If you use the link and look up your diploma equivalency it will say equivalent to two year diploma.

Jaishree

Apr 16, 2021
If you use the link and look up your diploma equivalency it will say equivalent to two year diploma.
Yes true, it is -

'Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute' - for my diploma equivalency

and 'Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute' - for my Bachelor's degree equivalency.

But will both my qualifications be considered as two different degrees to award me 'two or more certificates' or just the Bachelor's degree will be considered is what I'm confused about.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes true, it is -

'Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute' - for my diploma equivalency

and 'Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute' - for my Bachelor's degree equivalency.

But will both my qualifications be considered as two different degrees to award me 'two or more certificates' or just the Bachelor's degree will be considered is what I'm confused about.
You are two or more certificates which gives you more points than a Bachelor degree.

Reactions: Jaishree

Jaishree

Apr 16, 2021
And I have one more question:

We have to put 'Level of Education' twice in the Education history section. One before the ECA details and one after that i.e. after the below stated question.

Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question.

Could anyone please let me know if both the values should be same as in ECA or the first one should be an actual degree ?

For example, I have done my diploma for 3 years followed by Bachelors for 3 years but Canada Equivalency for the same is Diploma(2 years) and Bachelor's(4 years) respectively.

My question:

For credential 1 - Diploma,

Option 1:

Level of education: "Bachelor's degree OR a 3 or more year program at a university college, trade or technical school or other institute"

Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report : "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

Option 2:

Level of education: "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report : "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

Also, the name of school/institute has to be a college name or the university as mentioned in the ECA ?

Reactions: Urgonnabeokme

Jaishree

Apr 16, 2021
You are two or more certificates which gives you more points than a Bachelor degree.
Could you please help me with the below query?
We have to put 'Level of Education' twice in the Education history section. One before the ECA details and one after that i.e. after the below stated question.

Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question.

Could anyone please let me know if both the values should be same as in ECA or the first one should be an actual degree ?

For example, I have done my diploma for 3 years followed by Bachelors for 3 years but Canada Equivalency for the same is Diploma(2 years) and Bachelor's(4 years) respectively.

My question:

For credential 1 - Diploma,

Option 1:

Level of education: "Bachelor's degree OR a 3 or more year program at a university college, trade or technical school or other institute"

Option 2:

Level of education: "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

Also, the name of school/institute has to be a college name or the university as mentioned in the ECA ?