+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of Education & Evaluation report

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hi All,

I have a bachelors degree from UWE, United Kingdom. This 3 year program is via a diploma route which means I am awarded a Diploma at the end of 1st year, an advanced diploma at the end of 2nd year and finally the bachelors degree at the end of 3rd year.

I submitted all 3 certificates and transcripts for ECA evaluation, and the result is as follows:

Course Canadian equivalency

Diploma: College-level certificate
Advanced Diploma: Diploma (2 years)
Bachelors Degree: Bachelors Degree (4 years)

But in my bachelors degree transcript, the duration of the course is mentioned as Oct 2012 - Dec 2013.

Hence, I was awarded only 112 points for education.
I am concerned that I should be eligible to get 119 points since I have 2 or more certificate of which 1 program is longer than 3 years as per the evaluation report.
Anybody plz advise..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on your Overall Canadian equivalence summary. If that is Bachelors (4 years), you cannot choose '2 or more..' option.

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Apart from the above mentioned qualifications, I have completed the foundation & intermediate levels of AAT Sri Lanka course. Do anybody know the Canadian equivalency of this?

I can't see this course in the WES Canadian equivalency tool.

Please advise

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have one question regarding ECA.

I did my Bachelors and Masters degree but only got ECA done for my Master's degree.
Do I also have to do ECA for Bachelor's degree.
I got mixed response in same question and in same forum so thought of getting more opinions.
I started my application in 2014 under FSWP hired an immigration lawyer and I was told that only ECA for Master's degree is required.
Somehow my application could not make it in 1000 Cap of 2014.
Does it still hold true for EE application.

Any help is appreciated,

OMSAIOM

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omsaiom said:
Hello All,

I have one question regarding ECA.

I did my Bachelors and Masters degree but only got ECA done for my Master's degree.
Do I also have to do ECA for Bachelor's degree.
I got mixed response in same question and in same forum so thought of getting more opinions.
I started my application in 2014 under FSWP hired an immigration lawyer and I was told that only ECA for Master's degree is required.
Somehow my application could not make it in 1000 Cap of 2014.
Does it still hold true for EE application.

Any help is appreciated,

OMSAIOM
If you have an ECA showing Masters degree equivalency, you don't need an ECA for your Bachelors.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
My WES is in progress for three year bachelors from Mumbai,India and I've two one year each certificate program from Canada. Does it mean that I can select two or more programs and one is 3 years or longer?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineshparekh said:
My WES is in progress for three year bachelors from Mumbai,India and I've two one year each certificate program from Canada. Does it mean that I can select two or more programs and one is 3 years or longer?
After you get the ECA and it says equivalent to Canadian Bachelors, Yes.

Gypsygirl88

Oct 6, 2015
nafstyle said:
Hi All,

I have a bachelors degree from UWE, United Kingdom. This 3 year program is via a diploma route which means I am awarded a Diploma at the end of 1st year, an advanced diploma at the end of 2nd year and finally the bachelors degree at the end of 3rd year.

I submitted all 3 certificates and transcripts for ECA evaluation, and the result is as follows:

Course Canadian equivalency

Diploma: College-level certificate
Advanced Diploma: Diploma (2 years)
Bachelors Degree: Bachelors Degree (4 years)

But in my bachelors degree transcript, the duration of the course is mentioned as Oct 2012 - Dec 2013.

Hence, I was awarded only 112 points for education.
I am concerned that I should be eligible to get 119 points since I have 2 or more certificate of which 1 program is longer than 3 years as per the evaluation report.
Anybody plz advise..
Hi !

The Canadian equivalency summary will always state the 'highest qualification' only. As per my understanding of ur case, you should be eligible to select the option of 'two or more ..' As one of the degrees is 3 years or longer as per the ECA. The same is my interpretation from the ECA conversion given on cic website.

I was facing a similar challenge with my application wherein I had two degrees of 3 years or more as per the ECA Report with an overall summary of only ' bachelors degree (4 years)'. I used the same deduction and selected the 'two or more..' Option coz I felt that was the correct option and submitted my application.
I had also asked a case specific inquiry from cic wherein the officer confirmed my understanding.

To further reassure u that this interpretation is correct, I have received a PPR on 5 October 2015 wherein I had made the same selection in my application. Furthermore my application was processed from AOR to PPR stage in less than a month !

I myself did a lot of research and was very stressed - so I understand where u r coming from ! Take my advice and select that option - it works !! ☺

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gypsygirl88 said:
Hi !

The Canadian equivalency summary will always state the 'highest qualification' only. As per my understanding of ur case, you should be eligible to select the option of 'two or more ..' As one of the degrees is 3 years or longer as per the ECA. The same is my interpretation from the ECA conversion given on cic website.

I was facing a similar challenge with my application wherein I had two degrees of 3 years or more as per the ECA Report with an overall summary of only ' bachelors degree (4 years)'. I used the same deduction and selected the 'two or more..' Option coz I felt that was the correct option and submitted my application.
I had also asked a case specific inquiry from cic wherein the officer confirmed my understanding.

To further reassure u that this interpretation is correct, I have received a PPR on 5 October 2015 wherein I had made the same selection in my application. Furthermore my application was processed from AOR to PPR stage in less than a month !

I myself did a lot of research and was very stressed - so I understand where u r coming from ! Take my advice and select that option - it works !! ☺
Unlike you, the OP doesn't have 2 independent degrees. Their overall post secondary education is 3 years. Would you still give the same advice?

Congratulations on your PR decision! All the best!

Gypsygirl88

Oct 6, 2015
@nafstyle - sorry ! I re-read ur post again and AA is right ! I misunderstood ur diploma and degree to be two different qualifications whereas they are part of the same course which was equivalent to 4 years bachelors degree as per the ECA. You would not be able to select 'two or more ..' Option ! If you have any other qualifications apart from this one, you might wanna get that assessed and analyze if you could meet this option then!

@ Asivad - Thanks a lot ! And you wer right ! I am just new to this forum and trying to help out ! :)
This forum helped address a lot of my queries and doubts when I was in the initial stages of my application. Now that the wait is almost over for me, I would wanna thank the people who helped me , especially you ! A lot of ur posts were very helpful and insightful !! ☺☺

I hope cic is treating u fine too !!

Prob

Aug 25, 2018
Hi

I need to get some insights as to whether AAT members in Sri Lanka would be considered from WES and if so any person who had got the assessment and the level of qualification..