+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letters of support from families without certified copy of original

Maxglide

Mar 3, 2020
To keep this short
  • I only have copies of the family letters of support, in Portuguese, that I am having translated by an official translator.
  • The originals are in Brazil and I don't think I can get them sent in time before I have to post the application package for permanent residency.
So..... should I include them in the package or simply leave them out.
Or.... if they used a translating service there, notarized it there and emailed me a pdf in English, could I use that?

Thanks in advance... Wayne

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
To keep this short
  • I only have copies of the family letters of support, in Portuguese, that I am having translated by an official translator.
  • The originals are in Brazil and I don't think I can get them sent in time before I have to post the application package for permanent residency.
So..... should I include them in the package or simply leave them out.
Or.... if they used a translating service there, notarized it there and emailed me a pdf in English, could I use that?

Thanks in advance... Wayne
Translate them yourself and include the Portuguese copy and your translation.

Reactions: mapple007

Maxglide

Mar 3, 2020
That would not work. The guide clearly states that documents must be translated to english or french by a certified translator and must be accompanied by a certified copy of the original document in french. I think if they simply send it in english I won't need any of that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That would not work. The guide clearly states that documents must be translated to english or french by a certified translator and must be accompanied by a certified copy of the original document in french. I think if they simply send it in english I won't need any of that.
That is for official documents or documents specifically stated to be translated, like chats. You can translate unofficial proofs yourself.

Maxglide

Mar 3, 2020
That is for official documents or documents specifically stated to be translated, like chats. You can translate unofficial proofs yourself.
I have not seen that posted anywhere on the government website, it makes sense ( I mean it's a letter from family that is easily translated on Google) is that your exprience? Did you translate and submit unofficial proofs for your application and did it get okayed?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have not seen that posted anywhere on the government website, it makes sense ( I mean it's a letter from family that is easily translated on Google) is that your exprience? Did you translate and submit unofficial proofs for your application and did it get okayed?
I didn't have translations. It is the experience of many others.

Reactions: mapple007