greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was trying to get my landlords to write or sign letters that confirm that and how long we lived there. While I still have the leases that we signed, I thought this will be helpful because the leases were all month to month and I have no proof of how long we actually stayed in one place. Most landlords were willing to provide a letter. One landlord, however, said she can not put that information in writing (she is willing to confirm info when CIC contacts her and asks for it but wont write a letter).
Do I not have some kind of a right to request information about myself (in writing) from landlords? How can she not disclose information to myself but to third parties? That just sounds wrong. Anyone know about rental rights or whatever category this falls into? or can anyone point me to a website that might help?
Thanks in advance.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
greenish said:
I was trying to get my landlords to write or sign letters that confirm that and how long we lived there. While I still have the leases that we signed, I thought this will be helpful because the leases were all month to month and I have no proof of how long we actually stayed in one place. Most landlords were willing to provide a letter. One landlord, however, said she can not put that information in writing (she is willing to confirm info when CIC contacts her and asks for it but wont write a letter).
Do I not have some kind of a right to request information about myself (in writing) from landlords? How can she not disclose information to myself but to third parties? That just sounds wrong. Anyone know about rental rights or whatever category this falls into? or can anyone point me to a website that might help?
Thanks in advance.
Where specifically are you? Tenants rights differ slightly from place to place.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...