+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

letters from family and sponsor and sponsored applicant

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi guys...couple of questions..

We live together for over a year and a half ...we are applying as common law...

1) My gf mom wrote a letter confirming that we would be living with her and supports are relalionship. The question is with whose application will this go in, my part or her part?

2- We send both parts to the Mississauga they than foward it to Buffalo...do they send her part as well or just my part of the application. I just want to make sure the documents that her part requires such as letters from her family is sent with my part to Buffalo.

Please help,

Thanks.

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
I wondered this myself. Although it does indicate on the sponsors application that we can include additional evidence of our relationship etc, I still included the letters in the PR application envelope. I also included a copy of my own personal letter in the sponsorship app as well as the PR app. The PR is the one that is primarily scrutinized and assessed for the genuineness of the relationship so it made sense to me to include them all under hers (the PR applicant).

That's what I did. Not sure what others will say.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I would include the letters attesting to your genuine relationship with the rest of your supporting documentation. For our application at least, we had a separate section of paperwork that was all of our supporting docs - we didn't include it with his or with mine specifically. We had one section of paperwork that was the sponsor's forms and identifying info; a second section that was the applicant's forms and identifying info; and a third section that was all of our supporting information. Then all three "bundles" went together in one envelope to CIC.

And to answer your question - the whole application goes to the overseas visa office, not just the applicant's part.