+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Support - Issued under Personal name or Company

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
When an incubator issues a Letter of Support based on your approved business (plan), is the letter issue to your name or is it issued to the company you have already set up?

Is the entrepreneur the SUV applicant or is it LoS issued to the company which the entrepreneur wants to set up or has already set up?

Reactions: mamad611

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
When an incubator issues a Letter of Support based on your approved business (plan), is the letter issue to your name or is it issued to the company you have already set up?

Is the entrepreneur the SUV applicant or is it LoS issued to the company which the entrepreneur wants to set up or has already set up?
The LOS is issued to your name and your co-founders (if any). Your company is also mentioned in the LOS. I do not get the second question that you asked.

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
The LOS is issued to your name and your co-founders (if any). Your company is also mentioned in the LOS. I do not get the second question that you asked.
Thanks for the response. What if the name of the company is not registered yet and one has to change it after receiving LoS due to name or form of company being unavailable?

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Thanks for the response. What if the name of the company is not registered yet and one has to change it after receiving LoS due to name or form of company being unavailable?
I haven't encountered this problem. However, IRCC does not require the startup to be corporated before issuing the LOS. So my guess is, it is still ok. If you eventually register the business, then maybe you can inform them about the change. I don't think it will cause a big issue.

Reactions: Entrepreneur101

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
I haven't encountered this problem. However, IRCC does not require the startup to be corporated before issuing the LOS. So my guess is, it is still ok. If you eventually register the business, then maybe you can inform them about the change. I don't think it will cause a big issue.
Much appreciated!