+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Invitation from a closed work permit holder for parents TRV.

dj!n

Nov 22, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am currently in Canada on a closed work permit. I have been here for ten months now. I am planning to invite my parents over to stay with me for a couple of months. I am following this site. I have a query regarding the letter of invitation.

The site states the following under the "You must include this information about yourself:" section.
  • whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
  • a photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada, such as
    • a Canadian birth certificate, if you were born in Canada,
    • a Canadian citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or
    • a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing, if you are a permanent resident,
My doubt is that, can the letter of invitation be sent by someone on a closed work permit, or is it restricted to Canadian citizens or permanent residents alone?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I am currently in Canada on a closed work permit. I have been here for ten months now. I am planning to invite my parents over to stay with me for a couple of months. I am following this site. I have a query regarding the letter of invitation.

The site states the following under the "You must include this information about yourself:" section.
  • whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
  • a photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada, such as
    • a Canadian birth certificate, if you were born in Canada,
    • a Canadian citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or
    • a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing, if you are a permanent resident,
My doubt is that, can the letter of invitation be sent by someone on a closed work permit, or is it restricted to Canadian citizens or permanent residents alone?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
You can certainly invite them. You should indicate that you are on a temporary work permit.