+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Letter of Invitation' for work permit renewal

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
yeah!! I guess they are going to take more time in processing those applications!! So wewill be on implied status after expiring the original work permit. Mine is expiring on Dec 2nd!! I got an extended authorization until Feb 25, 2021.

""Please attach this letter to your work permit number ____________________ as proof that you have the authorization to work under the same conditions (i.e. employer and profession) until ____________________ or until a decision is made taken in respect of your request""
did you do a separate application for the authorization of the stay or they just sent you this after you sent your work permit application ?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
did you do a separate application for the authorization of the stay or they just sent you this after you sent your work permit application ?
No! I did not file any seperate application!! They just sent me after filling my application for extension with same employer!!

Jennso

Sep 17, 2018
Any Update on it?
Hi, I just received my work permit today, for the letter of invitation I created a pdf with the job offer signed by my employer and a copy of my employment contract also signed by me and my employer. It took about 3 and a half months to process, applied at the end of august got it today.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
oh so for you they specified the date of the authorization!!! in my letter they have sent me this sentence
""Please attach this letter to your work permit number as proof that you have the authorization to work under the same conditions (i.e.
employer and profession) until or until a decision is made taken in respect of your request""

but they did not specify a date (in the empty places) as shown above, what do you think about that?

can you please copy paste exactly what they said to you in the sentence in the confirmation of receipt letter??? i was actually wondering why they left the place for the date + my work permit number blank!!
It seems to me like I was short on visa expiry timeline(62 days) as compared to your's. This is the reason they allow me temporary approval till Feb because as we can check on website, the processing time is 130 days approximately. Your visa will expire in the month of Feb 2021 which is well far enough to reach a decision on your application. Therefore you don't need a temporary extension for now. I hope it helps.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi, I just received my work permit today, for the letter of invitation I created a pdf with the job offer signed by my employer and a copy of my employment contract also signed by me and my employer. It took about 3 and a half months to process, applied at the end of august got it today.
Congratulations! I just uploaded an invitation letter drafted by myself. Let's see if it helps.

Nov 19, 2019
my work permit will expire till 28 of February 2021, but when i have submitted my work permit extension application i got a letter of confirmation of the application receival saying that i :

did you receive it too?

""Please attach this letter to your work permit number
as proof that you have the authorization to work under the same conditions (i.e.
employer and profession) until or until a decision is made
taken in respect of your request""

Does this mean that they were asking for positive LMIA?

Nov 19, 2019
Hi! Did your employer apply for a new LMIA?

Jennso

Sep 17, 2018
Hi! Did your employer apply for a new LMIA?
Hi, I have a CSQ from Quebec so it exempts me from requiring an LMIA, my employer only needed to create a job offer on the immigration site and provide me with an offer number, you can find more details here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
""Please attach this letter to your work permit number
as proof that you have the authorization to work under the same conditions (i.e.
employer and profession) until or until a decision is made
taken in respect of your request""

Does this mean that they were asking for positive LMIA?
no, it was just a confirmation letting me know that i am authorized to work till i get a response.
My work is LMIA exempt. (i got my extension approval on december)

wish you good luck!