+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Introduction

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Guys ,

I Received my letter of Introduction Which is Given Below. Does it mean that i can work with That study Permit ?

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also
enter no later than the visa validity date.

This letter is not a passport or travel identification, and it is not a legal authorization permitting you to enter or
remain in Canada.
To facilitate your arrival in Canada, inform the officer of the reason for your visit (study or work) and present this
letter with your passport. United States citizens entering Canada from the U.S. may show proof of citizenship (a
birth certificate or a naturalization certificate, and photo identification) instead of a passport. United States
permanent residents entering Canada from the U.S. may show their “green card” instead of a passport and
photo identification. Your passport or U.S. travel identification must be valid, and must be valid beyond the
period you intend to remain in Canada. If it is not, the validity of your study or work permit will likely be limited to
correspond to the validity date of your passport or U.S. travel identification.

In some provinces or territories, students and foreign workers are not eligible for public health insurance. You
must ensure that you and any dependants have adequate health-care insurance or financial resources to cover
possible contingencies. Further information is available from the ministry of health of the province or territory in
which you intend to study or work.

If you have a work permit, please be aware that foreign workers are protected by labour and employment laws.
You are entitled to work in a safe workplace where your health is protected. If an employer does not pay the
wages to which you are entitled, you can file a complaint with the federal or provincial/territorial department
responsible for employment standards

IMPORTANT: Regulations have established a maximum cumulative duration of four years that a Temporary
Foreign Worker can work in Canada. After four years of work has been accumulated, a period of 48 months
spent not working in Canada must elapse before another work permit can be issued, with some limited
exceptions. You are encouraged to keep track of any time you have not worked in Canada and retain any
documents which can prove the time which you did not work. For more information on this, please visit our
Website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work.
Thank you
IMM 5665

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
lol no did u apply for work permit?

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
congrats on getting visa .... waseem can you please tell when can you enter canada according to the introduction letter ?

if session starts from jan ... and one gets visa on say end of sep.... can one go to canada in oct ?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
ayay said:
congrats on getting visa .... waseem can you please tell when can you enter canada according to the introduction letter ?

if session starts from jan ... and one gets visa on say end of sep.... can one go to canada in oct ?

In Letter of Introductions its written that Enter before the Validity of Visa. It means yes You can leave in December Even if Visa is Issued in Sep.

and there is no restriction for Point of Entry you can do your entry through any city

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
no i m saying that if the visa is issued on say 25th sep for jan session ... can we leave on 26th sep ??? i mean is thr any specific date or one can go anytime

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
ayay said:
no i m saying that if the visa is issued on say 25th sep for jan session ... can we leave on 26th sep ??? i mean is thr any specific date or one can go anytime
There is no Specific date mentioned in Letter of Introduction but i guess you can go any time.

But they may ask what will you before your classes start.

saadengg43

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Congrats bro for your visa...
What i think is that they may have implemented the proposed rules of work in canada from jan 2014 while study.
"MAY BE" i m not sure

wait for other opinions !!!

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
WaseemWasii said:
In Letter of Introductions its written that Enter before the Validity of Visa. It means yes You can leave in December Even if Visa is Issued in Sep.

and there is no restriction for Point of Entry you can do your entry through any city
Bro... If I am admitted in Uni of Regina but I want to enter at Toronto and want to live there for like 5-6 days and after that will move to Regina... In this case, is there something wrong caz Toronto is in Ontario and Regina in Saskatchewan?
I mean there is something mention on visa that you cant travel across states or you must enter to Canada from the same State in which your admitted by university.....

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
usman_14pk said:
Bro... If I am admitted in Uni of Regina but I want to enter at Toronto and want to live there for like 5-6 days and after that will move to Regina... In this case, is there something wrong caz Toronto is in Ontario and Regina in Saskatchewan?
I mean there is something mention on visa that you cant travel across states or you must enter to Canada from the same State in which your admitted by university.....
u can enter canada any where ..ur port of entry can be any city there wont be any problem....when u land at toronto they will issue u a study permit and u will have to clear customs in toronto and then take ur domestic flight to where ever.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
mead said:
u can enter canada any where ..ur port of entry can be any city there wont be any problem....when u land at toronto they will issue u a study permit and u will have to clear customs in toronto and then take ur domestic flight to where ever.
Thanks dear :)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
saadengg43 said:
Congrats bro for your visa...
What i think is that they may have implemented the proposed rules of work in canada from jan 2014 while study.
"MAY BE" i m not sure

wait for other opinions !!!
it is a generic letter and has nothing to do about the proposed change in 2014(which may or may not happen)....mostly everyone gets the same letter. once at port of entry CBSA will issue u a study permit or work permit depending on what u have applied for. if u have applied for study permit and approved u will get a study permit and will have all the restrictions of a study permit. dont expect to magically get a work permit which u havent applied for.