+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Interest from NS

leianndopeno

Mar 29, 2020
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm a few things. I got the Letter of Interest from Nova Scotia and I have all the requirements ready to apply for the PNP nomination except for the proof of funds (thanks to covid-19 causing me to lose my job thus draining the savings). In order to fulfill that requirement, fiancé and my aunt are going to be sending money as a gift deed so my questions are:

1. Do the funds need to fulfill the 6 month requirement if they are a gift deed?
2. Can the fiancé send money as gift deed for proof of funds and explain this in the letter of explanation or is it only relatives?
3. Does the money need to be sent before or after the date of gift deed?
4. What documents do I need for the gift deed? Is it just a notarized gift deed from any lawyer or any additional docs?
5. Fiancé is in Edmonton, aunt is in Australia and I'm in Dubai (U.A.E) - will it be an issue if I received funds from two different places in the form of gift deed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because we honestly were not expecting there to be any progress but getting the LOI has given us some hope and the proof of funds is the main barrier.

VinRiard

May 20, 2020
Hi guys, I received the LOI as well for NOC 3012. I am just a little stressed out as during this covid situation, most places are closed- need to get our passports renewed, reference letter from HR, bank statements....aaargh. I am also going to have issues with the POF- need to get a gift deed done and I heard it is best to get the letter notarized. Have you guys decided where to settle down if nominated? I am still undecided.:oops:

Reactions: Robert1015

Robert1015

Jul 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm a few things. I got the Letter of Interest from Nova Scotia and I have all the requirements ready to apply for the PNP nomination except for the proof of funds (thanks to covid-19 causing me to lose my job thus draining the savings). In order to fulfill that requirement, fiancé and my aunt are going to be sending money as a gift deed so my questions are:

1. Do the funds need to fulfill the 6 month requirement if they are a gift deed?
2. Can the fiancé send money as gift deed for proof of funds and explain this in the letter of explanation or is it only relatives?
3. Does the money need to be sent before or after the date of gift deed?
4. What documents do I need for the gift deed? Is it just a notarized gift deed from any lawyer or any additional docs?
5. Fiancé is in Edmonton, aunt is in Australia and I'm in Dubai (U.A.E) - will it be an issue if I received funds from two different places in the form of gift deed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because we honestly were not expecting there to be any progress but getting the LOI has given us some hope and the proof of funds is the main barrier.

Hello!

I am from Philippines and currently, based in Doha.

I would like to answer you based on what I have read and what my agency has told me.

1. Not necessarily, for as long as you will not lose the money for the coming months. Remember that the application process will take months until you receive your PR. The immigration office may ask again another proof of fund. Also, prepare for an affidavit or a letter which state that the money you have received (if there is any doubt due to sudden increase of funding in your account) is coming as gifts from your significant others.

2. Yes

3. Not exactly sure what you mean.

4. An affidavit or whatever the immigration officer has asked you.

5. Not quite sure about this but I think no. Just go for it and submit and just make the explanation ready.

I too was not hoping to hear any good news from IRCC but the interest we have received is a ray of hope.

Hope we all get to NS!

ROb

Robert1015

Jul 3, 2020
Hi guys, I received the LOI as well for NOC 3012. I am just a little stressed out as during this covid situation, most places are closed- need to get our passports renewed, reference letter from HR, bank statements....aaargh. I am also going to have issues with the POF- need to get a gift deed done and I heard it is best to get the letter notarized. Have you guys decided where to settle down if nominated? I am still undecided.:oops:
Aren't we supposed to stay in Nova Scotia? ;)
Can you refer me to a link where it mentions that after a provincial nomination, we can settle somewhere else other than place where invitation came from?

Nova Scotia is a great place too. I wish to stay there.

Last edited:

VinRiard

May 20, 2020
Aren't we supposed to stay in Nova Scotia? ;)
Can you refer me to a link where it mentions that after a provincial nomination, we can settle somewhere else other than place where invitation came from?

Nova Scotia is a great place too. I wish to stay there.
Lol, yes I meant WHERE in Nova Scotia? Halifax? Dartmouth? Lower Sackville...etc. Here is what I understand from what I have been researching- if you are selected for a PNP, by right, you should have an obligation to live in the province that nominated you. But should you decide to leave, they can't exactly stop you as well BUT you will have trouble renewing your PR card or applying for citizenship in time to come.

Have you submitted your application yet? I am submitting before the 20th as I have some documents pending.