+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of intent to Canadian consulate

andvsilva

Mar 3, 2021
Hi everyone.

I'm so sorry if someone already post it before, but I can't find yet.

We are applying for a student visa to Canada and need to send the 'Letter of Intent' to the consulate.

My wife is going to do Practical Nursing. She already has a Bachelor of Nursing degree and even a postgraduate degree in the field.

Would putting this information in the way of obtaining a study visa?

Thanks for you help/support.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you mean SOP - Statement of Purpose? What program is she applying to if she has Bachelor of Nursing and post-grad in the field?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Naturgrl, I'm so sorry.

Yes, it is SOP - Statement of Purpose for getting a visa.

She's applying for Practical Nursing.
But she has a Bachelors of Nursing and applying for what - practical nursing? What is practical nursing and why does she need to spend tens of thousands of dollars if she has a Bachelors of Nursing. Seems like clear immigration intent.

andvsilva

Mar 3, 2021
But she has a Bachelors of Nursing and applying for what - practical nursing? What is practical nursing and why does she need to spend tens of thousands of dollars if she has a Bachelors of Nursing. Seems like clear immigration intent.

Yes, this is your goal intention is immigration, but college helps us to get time to get the exam of Nursing and get a job. But here in Brazil, she's working as a technician nurse, not a Nurse at all. Our question is, how can we explain in our SOP? I think it is quite difficult but not impossible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t know the program but she has to write in her SOP why she needs to take the program spending tens of thousands of dollars and how it will help and advance her career in Brazil (promotions, higher paying jobs). Assume she is taking a university and not college program if she has degree.

Reactions: andvsilva

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why is not she going through NNAS and getting assessed, and the apply for licensing rather than going through study permit path?