+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation - Seniors please suggest!

JW8

Nov 3, 2016
Hi,

I am nearly there to submit my ITA application, but a bit confused regarding letter of explanation.
I have opened this thread for seniors and others to contribute & guide how it should be written and to whom it should be referred?

Following are some queries :

1) Should it be addressed the letter to Officer CIC or someone specific?
2) Subject of the letter should be "Letter of Explanation for <EE number>", is this correct?
3) I want to explain multiple things like,

can I explain all this in one letter or have to upload letters in individual sections?

- my bank balance has 29000 CAD but as per EE limit two people can only show 15 K, so my bank statement shows more money than what I am putting in ITA, also in EE I mentioned 29000 CAD but in ITA I am stating 15K only. Should I explain this?

- I have three employer letters, in one of them they are not stating Annual Salary as they want me to show CostToCompany letter (which is just a leaf of offer letter and not on company letter head), in the current company they have issued a separate CTC letter along with LOE to show my salary. Also the current company name got change in 2013, so I have two LOE from my curreny company, do I need to explain that?

- I showed my Spouse's work history in EE but since there are no points given to me for his "outside Canada" work ex, I will be removing that from ITA application. Should I mention this?

- Also my earlier designations matches with NOC 2171 but I have applied under 0213 and roles and responsibilities in my LOE reflects 0213, do I need to explain that in my letter?

- I will be uploading marriage certificate (married for an year now), but do I also need to upload Divorce certificate and give an explanation in this letter, as I mentioned my divorce details in my ITA application?

4) Is there anything else, that must be stated in letter of explanation?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Regards
JW8

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - To whom it may concern is fine
2 - You can add your EE number if you feel like it, it won't make a difference.
3 -

a) You can have one letter or several, it doesn't matter.
b) "People can only show 15k". This is incorrect, this is the minimum you must show for a family of two. It does not mean that your funds can't be higher. No need to explain.
c) Yes, explain why they could not include your salary in the reference letter and the documents that you've provided to show your salary.
d) Since you're removing her work experience Post-ITA remove it from the work history section and add it to the personal history section. You can explain why in the LOE.
e) Again, no change in your CRS but you made the change Post-ITA. Explain why.
f) Can't help you there (regarding divorce)

4 - State anything you feel that the officer would need to know.

Cheers ;)

Nitinj.36

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JW8 said:
Hi,

I am nearly there to submit my ITA application, but a bit confused regarding letter of explanation.
I have opened this thread for seniors and others to contribute & guide how it should be written and to whom it should be referred?

Following are some queries :

1) Should it be addressed the letter to Officer CIC or someone specific?
2) Subject of the letter should be "Letter of Explanation for <EE number>", is this correct?
3) I want to explain multiple things like,

can I explain all this in one letter or have to upload letters in individual sections?

- my bank balance has 29000 CAD but as per EE limit two people can only show 15 K, so my bank statement shows more money than what I am putting in ITA, also in EE I mentioned 29000 CAD but in ITA I am stating 15K only. Should I explain this?
you can show as much as you want provided it should be more than 15 K in you case

- I have three employer letters, in one of them they are not stating Annual Salary as they want me to show CostToCompany letter (which is just a leaf of offer letter and not on company letter head), in the current company they have issued a separate CTC letter along with LOE to show my salary. Also the current company name got change in 2013, so I have two LOE from my curreny company, do I need to explain that?
-- give all the documents which can full fill CIC requirement (i.e paid, full time, roles and responsibility) . Not necessarily that everything should be in one. Give LOE which cover them (ref my example)

- I showed my Spouse's work history in EE but since there are no points given to me for his "outside Canada" work ex, I will be removing that from ITA application. Should I mention this?
No need to mention if you are not claiming points. Make sure you mention this in his/her personal activities

- Also my earlier designations matches with NOC 2171 but I have applied under 0213 and roles and responsibilities in my LOE reflects 0213, do I need to explain that in my letter?
No need if you have applied in NOC0213

- I will be uploading marriage certificate (married for an year now), but do I also need to upload Divorce certificate and give an explanation in this letter, as I mentioned my divorce details in my ITA application?
you can if you want

4) Is there anything else, that must be stated in letter of explanation?
-- I would suggest give as much information as you can, but make sure it shouldn't be messy. Give proper LOE. Stated clearly what document you are giving to prove what. merger all documents in one file for one checkpoint. Extra information is better then less information :). Good luck :)

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Regards
JW8
Hi.

I would suggest you to attach separate loe along with each checkpoint wherever needed and one in other if you want to explain anything else (like your divorce thing). I attached in below format. Also see my response in blue for each of your point.

===================================================================================
Principal Applicant Name: XXXXXXXX

Reference: Document Checklist - Point 12: Employment Records XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (Aug 2010 - Dec 2012)

Dated: XXXXXXXX

Subject: Clarification of Employment Records XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am employed with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX as a Paid Employee on full time basis since XXXXXXXXXXX.

I have attached the Employment Reference Letter which states my role & responsibilities during my tenure in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I have also attached the Financial Year Compensation Statement and Monthly Payroll Stubs which states that I was working as a paid and full time employee.

If you need any further information/clarification, you can contact me or my manager on Email ID:
xxxxxxxxx or Phone Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Supporting documents included are as follows:

1. Employment Reference Letter
2. Compensation Letter
3. Monthly Payroll Stubs
4. Financial Year Compensation Statement (Tax statement)

Yours Sincerely,
=============================================================================