+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation & Passport

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Dear Members,

I know what I'm going to ask is a silly question, but would like to ask to be 100% sure.........

1. How do i provide a letter of explanation?

I type my letter, then sign it, then scan it, and then upload as PDF?

also, in my document upload section sometimes i find the placeholder to upload LOE, sometimes it is missing.

anybody else facing this problem?

2. I don't have any travel history with my current passport, there's no visa/immigration seal. but i once visited Nepal using my old (which has expired) passport. so, i only upload information page of current valid passport, right?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear Members,

I know what I'm going to ask is a silly question, but would like to ask to be 100% sure.........

1. How do i provide a letter of explanation?

also, in my document upload section sometimes i find the placeholder to upload LOE, sometimes it is missing.

anybody else facing this problem?

2. I don't have any travel history with my current passport, there's no visa/immigration seal. but i once visited Nepal using my old (which has expired) passport. so, i only upload information page of current valid passport, right?
1. Just a basic document, with a title to give an idea about what you're going to explain. Seperate the document in sections if you have different topics to cover. Just write your name at the bottom, no need to sign, save it as pdf and upload.
2.Yes it's reported numerous times indeed. Sometimes you just need to refresh the page, or sign out and sign in again, or change browser. It should change back.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Dear Members,

1. How do i provide a letter of explanation? Just type it in MS word and upload as PDF, no need to make things complicated.

anybody else facing this problem? it is a common problem, try logging out and then logging in/clearing cache/using a different browser.

2. I don't have any travel history with my current passport, there's no visa/immigration seal. but i once visited Nepal using my old (which has expired) passport. so, i only upload information page of current valid passport, right? regardless of the passport you have to provide the travel history in the last ten year/since turning 18 years old (whichever is applicable to you) but yes, you can upload the current valid passport only