+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of explanation -- need help - Urgent

sadansrkirs

Mar 29, 2017
My wife and my kid was staying with me since 2014 in Canada and on Feb 2017 she moved to home country along with my kid for delivery . Expecting baby by mid of August. I have applied for PR along with my family and got ITA . My question here is do i need to mention about child delivery in letter of explanation ? . for my case do CIC request for my dependent passport or only my passport during process ? . please let me know how they consider this case ?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
sadansrkirs said:
My wife and my kid was staying with me since 2014 in Canada and on Feb 2017 she moved to home country along with my kid for delivery . Expecting baby by mid of August. I have applied for PR along with my family and got ITA . My question here is do i need to mention about child delivery in letter of explanation ? . for my case do CIC request for my dependent passport or only my passport during process ? . please let me know how they consider this case ?
You do not need to mention about the delivery until the child is born. They do not need to know about any future event when date is not known. After this child is born, you can notify them through CSE (case specific inquiry) and send the child's birth certificate. They will ask for dependent passports only after your PPR is approved and I believe they do give some time for submission. There was another thread I saw where there was a scenario where the spouse was in a different country and the applicant had requested that the passport be stamped in a different country (other than country of residence).

I think you are fine. Hope this helps. The experts can chime in if something is incorrect

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadansrkirs said:
The post above is correct !

Dependent passport required once the application of PR was successful. Good luck