+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation - Express Entry ITA

apsarkar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Hi,

What has to be added in letter of explanation in express entry ITA when applying online ? Do we have to write some Statement of Purpose (SOP) or a cover letter of why we want to immigrate to Canada ?

Thanks
Aparna

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Letter to explain any documents that may / may not be available or not in the CIC format

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
apsarkar said:
Hi,

What has to be added in letter of explanation in express entry ITA when applying online ? Do we have to write some Statement of Purpose (SOP) or a cover letter of why we want to immigrate to Canada ?

Thanks
Aparna
Anything that you want to convey to IRCC that is not clear in the documents that you upload. This could include missing documents, documents that that do not match names (spelling differences, rearrangement of names etc) or any such information that you want to provide to the agent processing your case.

It is not a mandatory document, and if all you documents are perfect, then you do not need to upload anything.

apsarkar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Hot2Cold said:
Anything that you want to convey to IRCC that is not clear in the documents that you upload.
We don't need to add any SOP or cover letter in general right ?

apsarkar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
xpressentry said:
Letter to explain any documents that may / may not be available or not in the CIC format
But we don't need to add any SOP or cover letter in general right?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
apsarkar said:
But we don't need to add any SOP or cover letter in general right?
No

Wahed

Jun 8, 2017
Pcc of my country requires ircc request letter for both me and my spouse.so should i write about both of us in same loe or i need to attach seperately in different pdf files?

Feb 23, 2019
Hi,

Thanks
Aparna
Probably you don’t need my answer by now, due to the timing of the original post, but I’ll leave my reply - maybe it will be useful for those who still intend to apply.

IRCC is operating within its clear and precise framework. They are not interested - yes, you heard it right, they don’t care at all - in your explanation, noone will never pay attention to it. Just give them what they want, and you’ll be fine. Anyone who’s trying to convince you in the opposite has no idea about IRCC procedures. I didn’t cover this precise issue, but there are many more interesting topics in my YouTube channel devoted to immigration to Canada, which might help some of you.