+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

letter of experience from work

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
For a study permit, is it required that I get a letter of experience from my company stating my position and salary?
Would it be necessary, as I'll obviously be resigning for study?
THis is from country of residence not home country.

THanks

tiger007

Champion Member
ultra99 said:
For a study permit, is it required that I get a letter of experience from my company stating my position and salary?
Would it be necessary, as I'll obviously be resigning for study?
THis is from country of residence not home country.

THanks
Hi,
Whether you are applying for a visa or not... it's always best.. and is often the norm.. to have an appointment letter, work ex cert along with salary slips, ITR returns...to have a solid proof for any job you may have been doing. It's always safe to have these documents..as it may be needed later for verification... even after you resign form the job. It's totally obvious to have these documents.

Monrology

May 9, 2012
I totally agree to tiger007.
You need to be prepared and you should have these kind of documents, whether it's necessary or not because if it's not, it's still a plus points that you came in prepared.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
But what good would experience certificate do for me if I'm applying for study visa?

The point is that I would resign IF i get the study visa, if I didn't, then I'm screwed from work and they already know that I wanted to leave. That's very sensitive in corporates, you know..

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
ultra99 said:
But what good would experience certificate do for me if I'm applying for study visa?

The point is that I would resign IF i get the study visa, if I didn't, then I'm screwed from work and they already know that I wanted to leave. That's very sensitive in corporates, you know..
Hi,

It's good that you asked this question, it may also help others understand why it's always good to enclose these documents.

If you have gap in your last degree/course and the course you are looking to take up in canada. You would be required to justify the gap year(s) during which you could be employed, self employed etc.

By showing the documentation for the gap years you provide the information which only makes your overall profile complete and clean and at times the work experience and the nature of job also justifies the course you're taking up in Canada.

Hope it helps.