+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment

Coconuts

Jan 26, 2008
Hi Everyone!

I'm sponsoring my common law partner for PR. We've already mailed in the application to Alberta.
It was received August 8th, started processing in September.
So, we're in stage 1 of an application for permanent residence from in Canada.

However, soon I'll be changing employers.

In the application, they asked for a letter of employment. Since I'm changing jobs, would I need to submit a new one? I've scoured the internet for an answer, but obviously haven't done a good enough job because I'm still uncertain if I need to.

I'm hesitant to send one in if I don't need to because I don't want to slow down our application in any way. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coconuts said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm sponsoring my common law partner for PR. We've already mailed in the application to Alberta.
It was received August 8th, started processing in September.
So, we're in stage 1 of an application for permanent residence from in Canada.

However, soon I'll be changing employers.

In the application, they asked for a letter of employment. Since I'm changing jobs, would I need to submit a new one? I've scoured the internet for an answer, but obviously haven't done a good enough job because I'm still uncertain if I need to.

I'm hesitant to send one in if I don't need to because I don't want to slow down our application in any way. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time!

hello you dont need to submit another letter of employment ,the first one is ok and if cic want more infomation they will write you or send you client history update form and you can capture that in it.....hope its help you.good luck

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
I changed jobs midstream and all I did was advise them by email that I had a new employer.

Coconuts

Jan 26, 2008
Thanks for the reply Harju!

I assume you sent the email to the visa office outside Canada that would be handling your application?

I haven't been notified of the first stage approval yet, so I believe our application is still in Canada, instead of Buffalo.

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
We applied outland and sent it to the visa office outside Canada, so my situation is a little different.