+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of employlent/income for application. Needed?

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
I need some clarification, since my Husband and I are putting our application together.

INFO:
Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Do I really need to get a letter from my employer and income proof? On our application guide's document check list numbers 18 and 19 talk about a letter from my employer and evidence of income and whatnot. I was under the impression that all of this was not applicable for me since I am sponsoring my husband. Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
- Angel Brown

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow the instructions. If the Guide asks for it, provide it. You cannot be refused as eligible to sponsor for income level unless you are in receipt of welfare or have an undischarged bankruptcy. That being said, this information becomes a part of your file and a visa officer can refuse if they don't believe you and the principal applicant make enough money to support yourselves in Canada and will have to take advantage of social assistance benefits.

JazzyJaz

Jun 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 19th, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 5th, 2010 recieved Nov 18,2010
Hi AngelB,

I was approved to sponsored my husband and I was unsure of this as well, so I had a free consultation with a immigration lawyer and he said to give them everything they ask for regardless. I would just get the letter of employment and have them write on it how much you make and send in your latest Income Tax notice of assesment.
The last thing you want is to have them send back your application and delay the process by another month or two.

I hope that helps :)

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
rjessome said:
Follow the instructions. If the Guide asks for it, provide it. You cannot be refused as eligible to sponsor for income level unless you are in receipt of welfare or have an undischarged bankruptcy. That being said, this information becomes a part of your file and a visa officer can refuse if they don't believe you and the principal applicant make enough money to support yourselves in Canada and will have to take advantage of social assistance benefits.
I was a full-time student, so I didn't make a lot of money last year. I added a note explaining this with that section of the paperwork. Do you think this will be a problem?