+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter informing that an interview will take place

abdulali

Jul 16, 2008
Hello,

My PR application is processing in Buffalo, and recently got a letter from Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo, that mentions I will be interviewed by a visa officer in Buffalo. But I confused that this interview will take place only with me, or with me and my wife ? Because the letter shows in a template form that I, my spouse/common law partner, any dependent children over age 18 need to attend in this interview, and the letter does not include detailed information about exactly who will attend. But my concern is that would I only be invited to interview or me and my wife who lives in Canada. Should you clear this concern, I will appreciate.

Thanks in advance for replies

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
abdulali said:
Hello,

My PR application is processing in Buffalo, and recently got a letter from Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo, that mentions I will be interviewed by a visa officer in Buffalo. But I confused that this interview will take place only with me, or with me and my wife ? Because the letter shows in a template form that I, my spouse/common law partner, any dependent children over age 18 need to attend in this interview, and the letter does not include detailed information about exactly who will attend. But my concern is that would I only be invited to interview or me and my wife who lives in Canada. Should you clear this concern, I will appreciate.

Thanks in advance for replies
The PR applicant needs to attend. The sponsoring spouse does not.

The reason that it says spouse/common law partner and any dependent children is because it is a form letter and not everyone they interview is applying as a spouse. Some are parents with spouses and dependent children who are being sponsored by their child, etc.

HS

Nov 16, 2010
Hi Friend

I think I have the same confusion with my letter too. I have an interview at Buffalo, the letter they sent me is bit confusing to me. On the 2nd page of letter it says - Please comply with the following only if indicated : and then below there is a square box which is NOT checked off, and it says Your dependents must appear at the interview.

So my question is should I take my spouse to the interview or not?
All the questions they have are only related to me and there is nothing they have mentioned about my spouse. they did not even ask for her passport. How will my spouse get the PR stamped then on her passport????

I had done my medicals before 1.5 years, do you think they will ask for another medical again after the interview?

Will they ask for PCC even though I m in Canada since 4 years now!!!

Please throw some light on this.
Thanks

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
HS said:
Hi Friend

I think I have the same confusion with my letter too. I have an interview at Buffalo, the letter they sent me is bit confusing to me. On the 2nd page of letter it says - Please comply with the following only if indicated : and then below there is a square box which is NOT checked off, and it says Your dependents must appear at the interview.

So my question is should I take my spouse to the interview or not?
All the questions they have are only related to me and there is nothing they have mentioned about my spouse. they did not even ask for her passport. How will my spouse get the PR stamped then on her passport????

I had done my medicals before 1.5 years, do you think they will ask for another medical again after the interview?

Will they ask for PCC even though I m in Canada since 4 years now!!!

Please throw some light on this.
Thanks
Are you applying through family class?

HS

Nov 16, 2010
Nope, I have applied as FSW. I am the prinicipal applicant and I added my spouse's name recently as we got married. My file was in process since March 2007. I got the medical letter in July 2008 and then no correspondence from their end. Finally i recd the letter last week!!!

Bcoz my medicals have also expired now, do you think they will ask for re-medicals for me and my wife too after the interview?

Thanks.