+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from IRCC not received

alz2real

Oct 14, 2021
Hello all. I regularly check my application status online, and it states that my application(spousal sponsorship for myself, wife is in canada) has been received and processing has begun. It also states that a letter was sent to me on August 16, 2021. It says I should consider delays in mailing before I reach out to report issues. But up till today, I've not received any letter.
So I guess my questions are:
1) Is it un\usual for letters sent to take over a month to deliver? I'm currently in Lagos, Nigeria.
2) What could possibly be the content of the letter? What should I expect at this stage of my application?

I've been sent, via email, my biometric instruction letter and have long done my biometrics.
I'm just worried the whole thing is taking so long and the letter which they claim to have sent hasn't even shown up.

Could anyone please advice me on what I could possibly do? I've gone ahead to fill an online form at their platform, but didn't get any useful response.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Are you sure it's a letter? It could also be referring to an email or a message in your IRCC online account? Have you linked your application to your account?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all. I regularly check my application status online, and it states that my application(spousal sponsorship for myself, wife is in canada) has been received and processing has begun. It also states that a letter was sent to me on August 16, 2021. It says I should consider delays in mailing before I reach out to report issues. But up till today, I've not received any letter.
1) Is it un\usual for letters sent to take over a month to deliver? I'm currently in Lagos, Nigeria.
2) What could possibly be the content of the letter? What should I expect at this stage of my application?

I've been sent, via email, my biometric instruction letter and have long done my biometrics.
I'm just worried the whole thing is taking so long and the letter which they claim to have sent hasn't even shown up.

Could anyone please advice me on what I could possibly do? I've gone ahead to fill an online form at their platform, but didn't get any useful response.
[/QUOTE

What address is on your application? Do you have a representative?

alz2real

Oct 14, 2021
Are you sure it's a letter? It could also be referring to an email or a message in your IRCC online account? Have you linked your application to your account?
So here in lies the second problem I have - I'm unable to link my paper application to my online account - keeps sayin my application cannot be found. But when I go through the available online tool on https://www.cic.gc.ca/ , I easily find my application status which say "In Process". Clicking the link there further breaks down the state of things as the currently are. That's where I see that a letter was sent.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
So here in lies the second problem I have - I'm unable to link my paper application to my online account - keeps sayin my application cannot be found. But when I go through the available online tool on https://www.cic.gc.ca/ , I easily find my application status which say "In Process". Clicking the link there further breaks down the state of things as the currently are. That's where I see that a letter was sent.
From my own experience I can tell you that the online tool does not provide all of the information you need. I have a similar message when I look at the online tool and have received no email or letter but when I log in and check my linked application with GC Key I can see that I was sent the medical request.

I had a lot of trouble linking my application but was eventually able to do so. I'd suggest you keep trying because I don't think you can get all the updates you need without doing so. You should try all the different options for linking the application (Application number, PA's UCI number, Passport etc..)If it won't work, call and get them to help you on the phone. Remember that when it asks you for the number of people on the application that you need to include the sponsor.

DW86

Sep 16, 2020

I had this problem. I could see on my GCkey account that a further document was needed but no letter was received, nor an email and there was no other information on what the document actually was.

I sent one webform which was ignored and my second was literally just replied to. It turns out that I missed a deadline. I’m not sure what will happen but I’d suggest doing a webform to get the letter forwarded on ASAP.

alz2real

Oct 14, 2021
From my own experience I can tell you that the online tool does not provide all of the information you need. I have a similar message when I look at the online tool and have received no email or letter but when I log in and check my linked application with GC Key I can see that I was sent the medical request.

I had a lot of trouble linking my application but was eventually able to do so. I'd suggest you keep trying because I don't think you can get all the updates you need without doing so. You should try all the different options for linking the application (Application number, PA's UCI number, Passport etc..)If it won't work, call and get them to help you on the phone. Remember that when it asks you for the number of people on the application that you need to include the sponsor.
Oh my goodness! So including the sponsor, that's 2? I've been putting 1 - that's just for me. So let me try it again. Thanks a lot for the info. Truly appreciate this.