+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from Emirates NBD Bank (UAE)

Hamza Moazam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Dubai
NOC Code......
Hey guys, has anyone gotten their Balance confirmation letters from Emirates NBD Bank in UAE?

I checked with them and they are unable to provide all the required details like (date of opening, current balance, auto loan balance etc) in a single letter. They have different letters for specific requirements.

Also, they have a set format and none of the letter types include Average Balance. Did anyone face the same issue? What shall i do?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hamza Moazam said:
Hey guys, has anyone gotten their Balance confirmation letters from Emirates NBD Bank in UAE?

I checked with them and they are unable to provide all the required details like (date of opening, current balance, auto loan balance etc) in a single letter. They have different letters for specific requirements.

Also, they have a set format and none of the letter types include Average Balance. Did anyone face the same issue? What shall i do?
Take the letter in the format they are providing. If they do not have all the required information on it, you can supplement the same with a LOE and attach 6 months bank statements either taken from online banking or attested by them. This will help prove that funds were available for the requisite amount of time in your account.

As for the loans and credit cards, again you can take the individual letters and include all of the information in the LOE.

This will work for any financial institution.

Hope this helps.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamza Moazam said:

Emirates NBD won't provide a single letter as per CIC requirements. You should get the personal information letter, another balance letter and 6 months bank statement. However the letters and bank statements should be signed and stamped

Hamza Moazam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Dubai
NOC Code......
vabs200 said:
Emirates NBD won't provide a single letter as per CIC requirements. You should get the personal information letter, another balance letter and 6 months bank statement. However the letters and bank statements should be signed and stamped
Sounds good. Thanks mate! i'll get this done. +1

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
vabs200 said:
+ liability letter if you have loans or credit cards. Note that the liability letter will also list all your account numbers with the bank

They can issue:
- Reference letter (Shows date account was opened)
- Certificate of balance (Confirms balance on a certain date you decide.. Can also show equivalent amount in CAD$)
- Bank statement

Reactions: hodari

Hamza Moazam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Dubai
NOC Code......
uppperkut said:
+ liability letter if you have loans or credit cards. Note that the liability letter will also list all your account numbers with the bank

They can issue:
- Certificate of balance (Confirms balance on a certain date you decide.. Can also show equivalent amount in CAD$)
- Bank statement
Perfect, i'll get all three and explain the reason in LOE.

Also, i understand that having Auto Loan due doesn't matter as it is secured against an asset. Assuming my principal due is higher than the current balance, it wont be an issue, right? Credit Card payments are all clear and closing Bank Balance meets IRCC threshold.

Reactions: soldiers7

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hamza Moazam said:
Perfect, i'll get all three and explain the reason in LOE.

Also, i understand that having Auto Loan due doesn't matter as it is secured against an asset. Assuming my principal due is higher than the current balance, it wont be an issue, right? Credit Card payments are all clear and closing Bank Balance meets IRCC threshold.
Yup, no issues with the car loan.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uppperkut said:

They can issue:
- Bank statement
Although I am not hundred percent sure but I think the bank person whom I met mentioned that liability letter can only be issued when you are closing your account. You may want to check this again though.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
vabs200 said:
Although I am not hundred percent sure but I think the bank person whom I met mentioned that liability letter can only be issued when you are closing your account. You may want to check this again though.
I got mine issued no problem. Just need to tell them it's for the purpose of immigration.

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
Hamza Moazam said:
Understood. Will do that. Thanks guys!
so do you require this liability letter from every bank you have credit card from or only from the bank you have your money and dhow source of funds from?

soldiers7

Apr 24, 2017
We are allowed to upload only 4mb file. 6 months bank statement scanned copy is coming to a huge file. What needs to be done ?

soldiers7

Apr 24, 2017
We are allowed to upload only 4mb file. 6 months bank statement scanned copy is coming to a huge file. What needs to be done ?

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hi there,

I also need to get my Proof of Funds letter from Emirates NBD. I've just been speaking to the phone banking staff, and they say that their letter formats are quite specific. This is what they told me:

1) They can issue a letter stating account holder, account number, IBAN number, starting date but not balance. This takes 3 working days, so make sure you request this in advance.

2) For balance, they suggest getting authenticated statements from the bank branch, which specifies opening and closing balances. This can usually be issued on the spot, or in 24 hours.

3) As for the credit card or loans liability letter, they will issue a liability letter at the branch, usually on the spot.

I'm sure a combination of all these 3 would provide enough evidence of POF for CIC.