+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

letter from consulate

ican

Feb 17, 2008
After more than 2 months of submitting my application at buffalo consulate, i received a letter from them saying that they are opening a provisional file for me and that they are waiting for Minister's decision on the new law. In the next 60 days, if my category (skilled) passes the criteria, they would consider my application else they would send back the unprocessed application with full money refund.
I just wanted to find out whether anybody else has received similar kind of responses from them? I was under the impression that they won't outrightly reject the application even if it does not meet the new law and that it would still be processed albeit in a slower "bucket" than the rest that do fulfill the criteria.

For your reference - my application was received by them on 27th Feb, 2008

aryabarun

Apr 6, 2008
Your application seems to have hit the line . Because 27 February 2008 was to be the day from which the new immigration changes would start to be effective. It is mentioned in the CIC website as well. They would start to be more seclective henceon.

ican

Feb 17, 2008
thanks for your reply. However do you know how rest of the application are going to be treated?

kayebee8

Jul 22, 2007
minister will select whoever they want to immigrate to canada. it is still a "bill" not yet a "law". people here are still fighting for this "bill". we don't know when and if it still going to get passed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kayebee8 said:
minister will select whoever they want to immigrate to canada. it is still a "bill" not yet a "law". people here are still fighting for this "bill". we don't know when and if it still going to get passed.
Monday.

PMM

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
It seems good that as per recent changes if an applicant does not qualify her/his application will be sent back with full refund. It means applicant will not wait for a couple of years for the final decision of ones application.

It will enhance processing of immigration process.