+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from CIC

Jan 9, 2017
I received this message from Immigration Canada on the 6th of February regarding my inland application for Quebec:

This refers to your application for permanent residence under the Family Class or under the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.
We require the following item(s) to continue processing your application:

You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is found at the following link:

You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this form. This must be received at this office by: 2017/03/16

Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec - As a resident of the province of Québec, a letter will be sent to your sponsor instructing them to submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. A Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l'immigration, de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) must issued to IRCC by MIDI in your name. For more information please consult the website at immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html. Processing times for this document are not less than 25 days, therefore you should apply as soon as possible, the document must be received at this office by: 2017/04/07

I have submitted the Schedule A Background/Declaration however didn't receive a letter with instruction to submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. Without the approval of the sponsor (which we didn't receive yet) we can't apply at Quebec. Is this the normal process? Also even if we would receive the letter now we would not make the due date for the Certificat de sélection du Québec. What should we do? Did anyone had the same issue?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
applicationnoob said:
I received this message from Immigration Canada on the 6th of February regarding my inland application for Quebec:

This refers to your application for permanent residence under the Family Class or under the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.
We require the following item(s) to continue processing your application:

You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is found at the following link:

You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this form. This must be received at this office by: 2017/03/16

Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec - As a resident of the province of Québec, a letter will be sent to your sponsor instructing them to submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. A Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l'immigration, de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) must issued to IRCC by MIDI in your name. For more information please consult the website at immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html. Processing times for this document are not less than 25 days, therefore you should apply as soon as possible, the document must be received at this office by: 2017/04/07

I have submitted the Schedule A Background/Declaration however didn't receive a letter with instruction to submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. Without the approval of the sponsor (which we didn't receive yet) we can't apply at Quebec. Is this the normal process? Also even if we would receive the letter now we would not make the due date for the Certificat de sélection du Québec. What should we do? Did anyone had the same issue?
In the case of Inland application, you don't get SA before CSQ. What I would suggest you to do, is to call the IRCC call center to ask whether there will really be a letter coming to you or not (1-888-242-2100). You can also call the MIDI (1 877 864-9191) and explain your situation. In our case, we never received a letter from IRCC to the sponsor (me). We only got the letter to my wife (PA) telling that her husband must apply for her CSQ (the letter did not mention my name). So we were told (and it worked) to send that letter from IRCC saying that her husband should apply for her CSQ and we joined the AOR letter which states both names and the application number along with all the forms required for CSQ. We got the CSQ in about 8 weeks (beginning of September 2015), and to this date, still no SA, no AIP.

Jan 9, 2017
So did I understand you right, that you also just received the AOR letter stating that your application was received and the letter that I have posted below with the request for the Certificat de sélection du Québec? These were the only letters that we have received at this point.

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Hello,

I have the same situation as yours. What action should we take? We just received the AOR and we see that in our online account that deadline for CSQ as Oct 1st 2017. Kindly advise.

Regards,
Karthik

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
hello all,

same thing happened to me. i called CIC and i send a technical issue and i received the letter after 3 weeks