+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter for more documents received from Quebec immigration

shahid-h

Mar 26, 2012
I applied for Quebec immigration in June 2012, was provided with case reference in Oct 2012. Received an email last week requesting some documents, which has confused me slightly so wondered if anyone can shed some light or provide some information.

a) Me and my wife are originally from Pakistan and we married in Pakistan, so our birth certificates and marriage certificate are from Pakistan and in Urdu. We had them translated to English. We had the originals and the translations certified by a UK solicitor and sent with our application to Quebec. However, Quebec immigration have asked for them again.

Is it that they don't accept certified copies done by solicitors?
Who should certify these documents?
It is not possible to have them certified by the authorities who issued them in Pakistan and the Pakistan consulate in UK said they can't certify anything.

The UK legalise department (fco.gov.uk) say they can legalise a certified copy of these foreign documents. Will these be accepted by Quebec immigration?

c) "Original or certified copy of proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums "
My P60's were also certified by a solicitor and I sent these with the application. Does above mean they don't accept that as P60 needs to be certified by my employer since they issue them?
I have requested a letter from Tax office and also National Insurance office showing my contributions over past 5 years. Will this be ok?

d) " resident status in a country other than the country of citizenship
Copy of permit or residence permit valid for at least 12 months, issued by the authorities of the current country of temporary residence"

I sent certified copies of passport and the UK Nationality certificate, so what do they need here?
Is it that they don't want the nationality certificate certified by the solicitor?
Should I also get this legalised by fco.gov.uk ?

Please let me know if you require any more details.

I hope someone is able to provide some details to me.

Kindest regards

ajayidan

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
Doc's Request.
19-03-2013 (certified copies)
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
Where you given an "Intent of Rejection"?

shahid-h

Mar 26, 2012
The email they sent was in French but below is the translation:

We have received your request for a selection certificate Quebec. However, we found that certain requested documents were not provided or the format is not consistent with what is required (original, certified copy or photocopy). To process your request, we need documents in the attached list. (See Appendix A)

You must also send us documents supporting any new information (updated) useful in the analysis of your case. Examples: new degree, adding a dependent. (See Appendix B)

You have a period of 90 days from the mailing date of this letter to send us in one package by mail, any missing required documents (Appendix A) and all supporting documents to update your file (Appendix B).

You will find the form Documents submitted in support of the application for a selection certificate (immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/documents-soumis) details the requirements that you must meet with respect to format and the translation of each document submitted. The format "certified copy" indicates that the copy of the document must be certified by a recognized authority. For the recognized authorities, you should refer to the list of recognized authorities to certify documents (immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/liste-autorites-reconnues).

You must ensure that you submit the required documentation in the format together with this letter and Annexes A and B, to the following address:

285 Notre-Dame Street West, 4th Floor,Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1T8

Failure to receive within a fixed response from you and all the required documents, we intend to reject your application for a selection certificate as required by the Immigration Act in Quebec, and without any further notice.

If you still want to immigrate to Quebec, you must submit a new application and pay the fees again. This new application would be evaluated according to the rules in force at the time of receipt.

Thank you for your cooperation and your interest for Quebec. Please accept, Sir, Yours faithfully.

SCHEDULE A

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

Please return this list with the documents below.

Documentary evidence of identity and civil status

A certified copy of your birth certificate

Head and Joint Applicant

Original translation

Head and Joint Applicant

Certified original copy of the marriage certificate, divorce or annulment of marriage

Head and Joint Applicant

Original translation

Head and Joint Applicant

resident status in a country other than the country of citizenship

Copy of permit or residence permit valid for at least 12 months, issued by the authorities of the current country of temporary residence

Head and Joint Applicant

Education and Training

Certified copy of your certificates, diplomas and university certificates

To: Joint

Certified transcripts corresponding to university degrees Copy and presented a list of courses for all grades that led to obtaining these qualifications, if the names of the courses are not listed on the transcript

Certified certificates or diplomas or vocational secondary education Copy

To: Principal Applicant (Dewsbury College and Birkdale High School)

joint

Original translation

Certified transcripts corresponding to degrees or vocational high school and copy the list of courses for all grades that led to obtaining these qualifications, if the course names are not mentioned the transcript

To: Principal Applicant (Dewsbury College and Birkdale High School)

joint

Original translation:

proof of the legality of your professional experience

Original or certified copy of proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums

To: Principal Applicant (2012)

Note: If you can not provide proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums, you must provide proof of payment of income tax.

ajayidan

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
Doc's Request.
19-03-2013 (certified copies)
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
Can you pls share your details?

shahid-h

Mar 26, 2012
What details would you like me to share?

Is anyone able to shed some light on why Quebec immigration has asked for documents which I have already submitted?
Is it because most of my documents were attested by a solicitor?
Do they need to be attested/certified by those who originally issued them?

I'm really concerned about this so is there anyone who can advise please ....

Raza PK

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-13
shahid-h said:
What details would you like me to share?

Is anyone able to shed some light on why Quebec immigration has asked for documents which I have already submitted?
Is it because most of my documents were attested by a solicitor?
Do they need to be attested/certified by those who originally issued them?

I'm really concerned about this so is there anyone who can advise please ....
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]The birth certificate is supposed to be attested/certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

shahid-h

Mar 26, 2012
Thank you

I think thats what the issue is, birth and marriage certificates and my wife college certificate (all Pakistani documents) needs to be certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I have a meeting with the Pakistan Consulate's Councillor shortly as Consulate are telling me I need to send original documents to Islamabad so they can certify, but I prefer not to send originals anywhere so hope they can do so here in UK.

Quebec immigration have also said they want original translations. There is a UK recognised translation company, should I get urdu documents translated by them and send those originals? you think that should be acceptable?

shahid-h

Mar 26, 2012
Raza PK said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]The birth certificate is supposed to be attested/certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
AslamOAlaikum Raza

The Councillor in UK has also said I need to get Pakistani documents attested by Islamabad.

I have spoken with Asad Abbas Awan, Asst Director Councillor 2, who does the attestation of documents. He's advised I should send original birth/marriage/education certificates to him and he will certify them.

I plan to post via the Pakistan Embassy in UK, envelope addressed to him.

a) Quebec immigration have asked for original translations, so I plan to ask him to attest the original marriage certificate, which I will forward to Quebec.

b) I will ask him to attest the Urdu marriage certificate, my English birth certificate and my wife's urdu birth certificate and will send these original testified copies to Quebec.

c) I don't have my wife's original birth certificate translated to English. I have found a translation company in UK, so I plan to have that translated, send that original translation by this company to Islamabad and have him certifiy this and will send this same orignal translation to Quebec.

Can you Raza sb see if this should suffice?

Any other comment/feedback? Pls let me know if any more details are required.

Hope to hear from you soon.