+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Toronto23

Oct 15, 2012
usually interview to follow the first week you receive Adam letter what to bring in the interview your passport,sin,right for pr fee which is 490,letter of interview,pictures goodluck

Valkyrien

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
teentinz said:
Hi guys, i got an email from immigration saying my application has been completed and asked me to pay 490, may i ask what is next after that? And what will i do with the receipt? Should i send it to Vegreville or hold on to it? What do you bring on your interview? Appreciate replies! Thanks :)

Congratulations! ☺

whyv15

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
hello everyone,

I just want to ask to those who applied for OWP/PR coz im going to submit my application 6 months from now but I just have some questions did you extend first? and do we need to apply for TRV? and what contract are we going to use? do I need to ask for another contract? sorry for asking so many questions hoping for your quick answers thanks guys and good luck..GODBLES :)

eribhie

May 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I'm a single live-in caregiver applicant and I just need to ask regarding the timeline of those who had their PR already. I'm from Vancouver. I submitted my application on May 20, 2014 and they started processing it on July 20, 2014. On August 1, 2014 I got approval of my eligibility for PR application and asking for police clearance. I submitted NBI clearance by October because of the slow process in the Philippines. After that I haven't received anything from them. Do I need t start worrying? It's be 7 months of waiting.
Thank you for all those who would reply.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
eribhie said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm a single live-in caregiver applicant and I just need to ask regarding the timeline of those who had their PR already. I'm from Vancouver. I submitted my application on May 20, 2014 and they started processing it on July 20, 2014. On August 1, 2014 I got approval of my eligibility for PR application and asking for police clearance. I submitted NBI clearance by October because of the slow process in the Philippines. After that I haven't received anything from them. Do I need t start worrying? It's be 7 months of waiting.
Thank you for all those who would reply.
No need to worry, there are still from 2010 who havent received their PR yet. Processing of PR depends on the case processing officer handling your case. I have a friend who had the same phasing as yours, she is a 2012 applicant, no PR yet until now. So just set tight, enjoy the summer...

teentinz

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks! :)
Yup i extended my work permit, i was with just one employer and i passed my old contract, you would need a new job offer letter from your employer tho. You only need TRV if youre going outside of Canada if youre not Resident.

elhgz

May 19, 2015
Hello guys and girls,

Been reading through this forum since then and I just decided to register today. Congrats to everybody who got what they've been waiting for. Let's just all hope and pray that this waiting game be over soon. Here's my timeline:

I have 2 kids and a husband.

October 23, 2014: CIC received application for PR/OWP
November 20, 2014: Email received from CIC acknowledging receipt of my application
January 8, 2015: OWP received
Still waiting for everything..

Heads up though: 4 people who all applied on the first week of October 2014 already got their PR approval. Just waiting for their interview. One of them has a husband and 1 child from the Philippines. Medicals for the dependent were done last January 2014. So that's hopeful.

Let's all keep each other updated guys. Shine a little bit of hope to everyone.

Thanks!

whyv15

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
teentinz said:
Thanks! :)
Yup i extended my work permit, i was with just one employer and i passed my old contract, you would need a new job offer letter from your employer tho. You only need TRV if youre going outside of Canada if youre not Resident.
Thanks for you response,,,I have another question my visa will expire this Sep but my work permit will expire this Nov so no need for me to renew my visa only my work permit i need to extend? sorry for asking this im just lil bit confuse. Thank you again :)

hudydc

May 19, 2015
Hi, everybody! I'm a newbie here. I hope someone will be able to give a little assistance as to the policies for Live-In Caregiver. I'm currently based in the Philippines and I have an employer in Canada. I am a little confused as to the documents I need to submit. Do I still need the Tesda NC II Certification for Caregivers? Help please!

JOT KAUR

Oct 1, 2014
Hi This Jot Kaur, My Pr process is like that Pr file applied as a Main applicant with my husband in July 2014, Got AIP and Open work permit in september 2014 and My husband medical was done in month of November 2014 and current status is In process, So any one knows how long it takes for an interview or a decision made ?

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update for October Applicant with 2 dependants
Application filed: October 20, 2014
Application Received: October 23,2014
Open Work Permit Released Date: December 30, 2014
Request for medical examination and LC2kit: May 20, 2015

elhgz

May 19, 2015
PrincessKiusta said:
Just an update for October Applicant with 2 dependants
Application filed: October 20, 2014
Application Received: October 23,2014
Open Work Permit Released Date: December 30, 2014
Request for medical examination and LC2kit: May 20, 2015

Hello PrincessKiusta,

Can we be in touch? We have the same exact time line. Everything is the same. Where are you located here in Canada? I have a hubby and 2 daughters back home, they are in Nueva Ecija. When are you planning to have them undergo the medical procedure?

Thanks,
Elhgz

Beeann

May 13, 2015
Helo everyone

I'm a newbie here.
Is there anyone here whose dependent is in Singapore?My husband works in Singapore..And we are waiting for the CIC to sent us a letter in order to get his police clearance there.Do you know how long does it take?Baka po Meron dito Pareho namin sitwasyon.or been through this situation.
Thank you very much.Pashare naman po.
Godbless.

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
Hi everyone

I'd like to ask ,how do you count your 22 months of employment?
My case is I worked with 2 different employer under LCP.
1st : 7 months and 20 days
2nd: 14 months and 8 days (my 2nd WP was received in Feb)
Can I count those 20 and 8 days as 1 month?

I read somewhere here, someone's application was returned because lack of time of employment
I'd like to wait a month or two to make sure but my employer passed away and that changes the whole situation.
Any advice or thought will be much appreciated.

Thank you