+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

teentinz

Jun 18, 2014
OMG!!! I received and email

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family members have passed the medicals and background checks.
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call Centre at the number indicated below.
[X] Your temporary resident status is valid until December 10, 2018. You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you have a document issued by Citizenship and Immigration, which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified on your work permit (visitor document, study permit) or on your temporary resident permit. Persons without legal immigration status in Canada may be subject to removal proceedings at any time for failing to have or maintain legal immigration status in Canada.

I dont have any dependants, im single applicant, what should i do? Is that a decision made letter? What will be the next step? Omg im so happy right now.
I am jobless now, do you think that would affect my application/ interview? Thanks!

Application received Oct 6
OWP Dec

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
teentinz said:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family members have passed the medicals and background checks.
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call Centre at the number indicated below.
[X] Your temporary resident status is valid until December 10, 2018. You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you have a document issued by Citizenship and Immigration, which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified on your work permit (visitor document, study permit) or on your temporary resident permit. Persons without legal immigration status in Canada may be subject to removal proceedings at any time for failing to have or maintain legal immigration status in Canada.

I dont have any dependants, im single applicant, what should i do? Is that a decision made letter? What will be the next step? Omg im so happy right now.
I am jobless now, do you think that would affect my application/ interview? Thanks!

OWP Dec
This is called the first stage approval or approved in principle. Just sit and relax and wait and wait and wait for decision made letter then your confirmation.

Vhen

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 april 2014
Med's Request
31 july 2014
Med's Done....
20 august 2014
Interview........
July 14 2015
Passport Req..
03 february 2015
LANDED..........
july 14 2015
Mag 6 weeks na after ko ma DM till now wla pa schedule for interview
Sa vancouver..

They said need to wait 5-6 months
but then sa initial entry ng dependants ko is only until august
then mgexpire n din medical nila by that time then ung visa
nila marelease 4-6 weeks pa after ko maPR then klangan p nila
mg PDOS.

Hahay !!
Unpredictable tlga ang CIC
wlang mgwa kundi mg WAIT WAIT WAIT.....

GOODLUCK GUYZ!!!!

teentinz

Jun 18, 2014
Hi mylady, so what do i need to do? Do i need to get a medical check up? Or just ignore the letter? How long does it usually takes to know the decision or interview? Thank you :)

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
baby_boyf said:
@ jpaulianne...may I ask if your dependants passed their passport right after u received your PPR..before you got the email for your landing interview at CIC Edmonton...thank you so much...
Nope. My dependants passed their passport first before my interview because the approval letter of my PR and passport request letter for my family has been sent in my email on same day., and that was Jan 15 this year, and a day after, i got email again stating my interview appointment at CIC edmonton and it was done on january 29. Until now we are still waiting for my family's passport to be return with their visa stamp., this coming week its our 6th week of waiting and their visa its expected to expired in August. :'( :'( :eek: :eek: :( :(

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
teentinz said:

OWP Dec

also received same email as yours yesterday.what is d next step?

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
I just read about the open work permit holder's fee. I thought you only have to pay for that. I didnt know it should be paid together with the work permit fee. I dint pay mine, are they gonna send my application back? Am I gonna be out of status

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
teentinz said:
Hi mylady, so what do i need to do? Do i need to get a medical check up? Or just ignore the letter? How long does it usually takes to know the decision or interview? Thank you :)
If you will be required to get a medical test they will send you a medical request. You dont have to do anything for not but WAIT for any update until you get decision made.

Yen27

Jun 18, 2014
Sino Po dto nag medical na family last August 2014 and yet wala pang ppr at or confirmation? I'm from Edmonton Alberta.

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi guys! Any update to all applicants whose dependants done their medical last 2014? I already called CIc for the update, but still..they said everything is well & in process. All I need to do is to wait. God bless everyone!

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rolene lj said:
Hi guys! Any update to all applicants whose dependants done their medical last 2014? I already called CIc for the update, but still..they said everything is well & in process. All I need to do is to wait. God bless everyone!
Hi. I have called CIC last month and they also told me the same thing. Let's keep praying that our papers will soon be finalized and our family will be with us soon.

Vhen

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 april 2014
Med's Request
31 july 2014
Med's Done....
20 august 2014
Interview........
July 14 2015
Passport Req..
03 february 2015
LANDED..........
july 14 2015
I got DM last feb 3 till now no interview schedule
From vancouver they said 5-6 months
i think my family will need to do remedical again
by that time.
Their medical will expire this coming august
dont know what to do
can't plan anything

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi everyone! A friend of mine already got an email today from the Cic. It's for her families pasport request. Her family was done their medical last August & she passes the Lc2 kit last Sept. 2014. She is 1 month ahead from my timeline based on family medical. We are both here in Toronto. I am happy for her & hoping that all of us waiting has a wonderful update ahead of us. God bless to all of us.

rrsd0608

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
rolene lj said:
Hi rolenelj, me and my husband sent our lc2 kit on Sept 2014 and medical exam of my children was sent to cic last Sept 2014 too.til now wala,pa din any update regarding my application.i just phoned cic today and the agent told me to just wait and they already receive everything they needed.i guess all i need to do is to WAIT :)

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
  • @rrsd0608
    It's sounds great! We have the same timeline! That's the same responded I got from the Cic when I phoned them last Monday! They said everything are doing well but it's still on process, so I need to wait. I guess it's coming soon coz a friend of mine whose 1 month ahead from our timeline was already got the Ppr. We just need to keep praying & more patient. Thanks & God bless