App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
im starting to worry guys i did not receive yet my owp.my application was received oct.7

Iuliia

Nov 13, 2014
julia_ua said:
Update. Got my OWP today.

applic received Oct.10
Owp issued Dec. 16
received Dec. 23
Valid only for a year, so I have to remember to update it next year.

Location Vancouver.
I am so happy, I can finally work again ;D

Hopefully everyone's be ready ASAP:))) Good luck to us!
Congratulations!
Hopefully you will get your PR before your OWP expires!

Valkyrien

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
julia_ua said:
Update. Got my OWP today.

applic received Oct.10
Owp issued Dec. 16
received Dec. 23
Valid only for a year, so I have to remember to update it next year.

Location Vancouver.
I am so happy, I can finally work again ;D

Hopefully everyone's be ready ASAP:))) Good luck to us!
Congratulations! [flash=200,200][/flash]

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
merry christmas everyone!!

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whyv15 said:
Hi PrincessKiusta,

Thanks for the reply actually we are not married the birth certificate of son doesn't have any fathers name but were friends with the father is that a problem I didn't let my son use the last name of my ex and I didn't include the name of the father too like he is illegitimate would that be a problem if the immigration will ask how they will know that he is the father if he is not in the birth certificate hope you can answer me thanks
That is the same situation with my first child. I am married still tho in the Philippines. I have two kids with my ex. Our first child wasn't named after him and ex is not in the birth certificate either. The second kid has his name. Consultant's advice was to provide documents only for the second child since the first child doesn't have a father legally in the birth certificate. So what i did was, since my first child knows who her father is biologically, even though ex is not in the birth certificate and even if they didn't asked for it or maybe just have not yet asked, to make sure things will be ok in the event that the officer will question about the father of the first child, i have provided sworn statements /notarized documents covering both of my children authenticated by DFA and two signed IMM5604 forms for each of my children. I also have provided a cover letter explaining why i have additional documents for the first child in case the officer will wonder why. I hope i make sense to you and this will help.

You are very wecome. Merry Christmas!

sweeti 1

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville , Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 January,2014
AOR Received.
6 February,2014 OWP- April 2014 AIP- 22 June,2014
Interview........
waiting
Merry Christmas everyone

Valkyrien

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Thank you for everyone who helped and who waiting PR/OWP :)
I wish to all of us a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2015!
Let's all our wishes and dreams will come tru ;)

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
happy new year everyone!

frenchyfaith

Jan 4, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm new.

It's nice to read that so many of you have received their OWP! I'm very happy for you!
I have a question, did any of you send your application before you were done with the 24 months? I have a contract with my employer for exactly 24 months so I want to send my application for both OWP and PR before my current work visa expires but I'm worried that they'll say I haven't finished the 24 months required yet. I've been all over forums and websites and I guess it sounds like they say I should apply for another work permit as a live-in caregiver? But I would do that for just a few month, pay the $180 and have to find a new employer with an LMIA... it sounds silly you know? I mean of course I will do it if required but I was wondering if any of you had been in that situation. If any of you had sent the application early.

ck_0515

Jan 4, 2015
hi guys.. i passed my application last sept for owp/pr and i am pregnant now should i report my situation to cic through lettee or phone call?

teentinz

Jun 18, 2014
^^ you need to complete the 24 months to be able to qualify for the PR/ OWP, or else they will just return your paper and it would take you longer, there are some that didnt renew their working permit, but safest is to renew it because you would never know how long would it take for the govt to issue owp/pr , you would need the work permit to be able to stay here, you have a choice tho either to find another caregiving job or wait til you get your owp as long as you have a valid work permit.

frenchyfaith

Jan 4, 2015
Oh man that's upsetting :/ especially since I had already done a year and 4 months that didn't qualify under the program cos it was in the young something experience. But thanks for telling me, I needed to know for sure.

Star Member
May 3, 2011
frenchyfaith said:
Oh man that's upsetting :/ especially since I had already done a year and 4 months that didn't qualify under the program cos it was in the young something experience. But thanks for telling me, I needed to know for sure.
Although I was planning to quit working for my employer after I apply for PR, I asked them to renew work permit for just in case. I told them I don't need to work after applying for PR, but I want to keep a work permit until I get a open work permit. This way, you just need a letter from your employer and contract.